Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., on-call as required
- Performs database tuning and performance monitoring, addresses errors and performs changes to databases as needed
- Manages roles and permissions to ensure the integrity and security of all databases
- Develops and implements sound database backup and recovery strategies. Engages with RMS Vendor, Microsoft (database) third party software providers and internal development-system and support teams to ensure high performing database environments
- Develops database utilities and automated reporting standards and templates
- Creates custom reports for users with tools such as Crystal Reports, Business Intelligence, etc.
- Maintains and enhances application functionality
- Provides technical support and direction regarding business application requirements and alternatives analysis
- Performs clients/users support related tasks and special projects as assigned by management. Liaise as necessary interdepartmentally to seek resolutions to all issues reported
- Manages test, pilot and production database systems
- Manages and implements software and system upgrades, updates and patches
- Monitors hardware use by the Records Management System and makes recommendations regarding growth or capacity
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures pertaining to the management, security, maintenance, and use of the software and database management system
- Develops and maintains documentation and standards
- Organizes and utilizes all support resources provided, including emails, documentation, contact lists, knowledge bases, etc.
- Develops and maintains collaborative partnerships with IT staff from the Emergency Telephone System Board (ETSB), municipalities, law enforcement agencies, and other County Elected Officials Offices
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
The preferred candidate will have:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related area
- Four (4) years of experience in Database/System Administration
- Knowledge of public safety Computer Aided Dispatch and Records Management (CAD/RMS) systems, policies and procedures
- Preferred knowledge of Hexagon’s CAD/RMS systems
- Microsoft SQL server relational database management system
- Report writing tools and techniques
- Network and Computer security Illinois Uniform Criminal Reporting (I-UCR)
- The National Incident Based Reporting System (NIBRS)
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.