Full Job Description
Middle River Aerostructure Systems is a world-leading manufacturer of thrust reverser (the braking system on a jet engine), engine nacelle components and specialized aerostructures. It supplies and supports these products for engine makers, airplane manufacturers and aircraft operators. Located on Maryland’s Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore, MRAS has a 1.7-million sq. ft. facility situated on 180 acres – where the company and its predecessors have designed, built and equipped civil and military aircraft for more than 90 years.
Interns will gain experience in varied areas related on their field of study. Experienced managers mentor Intern contributions and development during their assignments. Interns build leadership and functional skills through structured hands-on and class room training that complements challenging work experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist Labor Relations Manager with employee relations issues, including note taking and issue tracking and resolution.
- Coordinate committee meetings and keep track of all changes and update members with minutes from each meeting.
- Assist in Collective Bargaining Agreement Negotiations, including gathering market, competitor and union related data.
- Assist Comp & Benefits Manager with hourly benefit and wage proposals.
- Assist with alignment of grievance process in MRAS system. If time allows assist with revision of job descriptions.
- Attend meetings with elected union officials and assist in issue tracking and resolution.
- Assist in the updating of current policies and procedures, including researching current state and federal compliance regulations and identifying any areas of in need of conformity.
- Other HR duties as assigned
- Current enrollment in a degree program that will lead to a bachelors or technical degree with minimum 3.0 GPA .
- Completed one full year of college (rising Sophomore)
- Dependable transportation to / from work
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Effective time management and organizational skills; able to balance multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen OR Green card holder
- Pursuing a degree in Business, Human Resources, Legal or related field.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organized.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong work initiative.
MRAS is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.