The Southwest division has an opening for a Grocery 3rd Person; this is a non-union position.
Assists the Grocery Manager in directing the operation of the Grocery Department, including supervising and training personnel. Assists in ordering, receiving, storing, pricing, stocking and merchandising. May direct and control the operation of the entire store in the absence of the Store Director and the Grocery Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Champions Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relation in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints.
- Performs ordering, receiving, storing, pricing, stocking and merchandising duties. Assists the Grocery Manager in planning, organizing and directing day-to-day operations of the grocery department and front end functions, including recommendations regarding regular and seasonal merchandise requirements and special sales needs. Assists in implementing Company and Division merchandising policies and/or Store Director instructions.
- May act as back up cashier. Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Responsible for the proper accounting of sales, maintenance and storage of cash register detail tapes and the issuance and pick up of money from checkstands.
- Prepares "to do list" for night stockers, closes out discontinued items and implements price changing procedures. Controls shrink. Prevents the sale of out of code products.
- Opens and closes the store.
- Ensures compliance with Company sanitation, safety, security and other policies. Recommends corrective action as needed. Implements emergency procedures in the event of equipment and computer software malfunctions.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the store including supervision of all associates and the handling of customer complaints, in the absence of the Store Director and the Grocery Manager.
- May perform duties of the Receiving Clerk in the absence of the Receiving Clerk.
- Responsible for performing all job duties with accuracy, honesty and integrity.
- Other necessary and required duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Requires an extensive retail background with prior management experience related to retail operations.
- Requires a thorough understanding of overall Company practices, policies and procedures.
- Requires strong written and oral communication skills, good leadership and interpersonal skills, the proven ability to manage and develop people, and the ability to maintain composure in dealing with customers, vendors and co-workers. Ability to be a team player. Ability to supervise employees assigned. Knowledge of employment laws and workplace practices policies is required. Requires knowledge and compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Friendly, courteous, takes initiative, and maintains composure in dealing with customers, co-workers and vendors as well as having the ability to concentrate and deal with interruptions and customer complaints, etc. Interacts effectively with all levels of personnel, customers, vendors and the public.
- Analytical ability to handle administrative details such as planning, reporting, meeting operation objectives, scheduling, supervising and making hiring and disciplinary action recommendations. Ability to judge and react to business activity. Knowledge of basic mathematics and weights and measures. Must have knowledge of product variety, product location and perishability. Ability to deal with vendors, customers, the public and government agencies. Ability to work at different times of the day, weekends and holidays and with little or no supervision.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of checkstand scanning and loss prevention procedures. Must be able to effectively operate and train others in the operation of Front End cash registers and/or scanning equipment. Must be able to operate ordering equipment.
- Knowledge and ability to implement emergency procedures in the event of an disaster or equipment or computer software malfunctions.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 80 lbs. May climb ladders.
- Ability to properly stack, operate fully loaded hand trucks, six-wheel carts and pallet jacks. Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination. Mental alertness to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
- May utilize cleaning supplies and chemicals and safety cutters.
- Complies with all Company policies including attendance, grooming standards and dress codes.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to equipment and work aids necessary to perform job duties throughout the Grocery Department.
- Exposure to 35˚ Fahrenheit while handling products in cold cases, 28˚ Fahrenheit in the cooler and -20˚ Fahrenheit in the freezer.
- Working conditions consist of a temperature controlled store environment. Exposure to varying temperatures while working in the loading and receiving area. Occasional exposure to outdoor environment when checking store perimeters and conducting business off premises.
Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of associates so assigned. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each store and from store to store.