Foundation House is a unique extended care and intensive outpatient sober-living program for young men in recovery. We seek a full-time Clinical Therapist who will be an integral part of our nationally recognized program’s experiential and supportive environment, which incorporates 12 Step, holistic, athletic, art, music, and wilderness therapy.
Provide counseling, case management and support to a caseload assigned by the Clinical Director/CEO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate and participate in Foundation House’s Tradecraft12 IOP programming.
- Create and facilitate treatment plans for new clients.
- Complete intake and all associated paperwork on incoming clients and report any concerns or anticipated needs to staff.
- Provide individual and group counseling to assigned caseload.
- Responsible for ongoing communication and outreach to assigned clients’ family/guardians, referring therapists and educational consultants.
- Complete daily documentation of individual/group sessions, family contact, educational consultant/primary treatment.
- Provide guidance regarding sober living, school, work, volunteering, sponsor/AA meetings, family relationships and probation/legal issues.
- Hold clients accountable to Foundation House rules and expectations.
- Assist with weekly client house clean.
- Spend time in residences with clients to develop relationships and awareness of all clients’ needs and issues.
- Work through transitional planning with clients well in advance of intended discharge date and complete discharge summaries after clients leave Foundation House.
- Arrange and facilitate meetings with family or educational consultants when requested.
- Attend regular team meetings, supervision meetings, roster review and all other assigned meetings.
- Cover groups for other staff and provide off-hours support when needed.
- Provide on-call coverage as assigned by the Clinical Director.
- Others duties as assigned by the Clinical Director and/or CEO.
- Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- 2+ years of related work experience in a substance abuse/mental health setting.
- Must be a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC).
- Full licensure in the state of Maine or 5 years full licensure in another state.
- Must be eligible for a National Provider Identifier (NPI).
- Proven ability to work in team-oriented environment.
- Energetic and able to galvanize residents to take full advantage of Foundation House offerings.
- Able to lead by example and participate in the clients’ journey.
- Available to work in an on-call capacity 1 week per month.
- Possess knowledge of current recovery industry trends and residential treatment methodologies.
- Detail oriented, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative and able to think outside of the box.
- Great sense of humor.
- Valid driver’s license and transportation.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary (commensurate with licensure and experience).
- 100% individual paid health and dental coverage for full-time employees.
- Paid holidays and vacation.
- An experience you won’t find elsewhere.
Job Type: Full-time