IntermixIT is seeking a strong IT Professional with a wide range of technology knowledge specifically geared to the small-to-medium sized business sector. If you have the desire to join a team that's continuously learning and executing across all layers of the OSI model, implementing multitudes of different technologies on networks small and large, while focusing on securing data and users FIRST, this position is for you!
A glance of a typical day may include....performing migrations from older server platforms to new server platforms, upgrading application databases, installing/supporting firewalls, switches, access points from common vendors like Cisco, Cisco Meraki, HP, Dell, SonicWALL and more are normal functions of the position.
Your technical aptitude to troubleshoot uncommon issues, determine root cause, and remediate issues while providing high-level of documentation is considered required.
Strong knowledge of desktop support and associated experience is needed, as this role is part of the escalation team from our Service Desk department.
Of course, we are looking for GREAT humans who ENJOY working with both PEOPLE and technology. We are a customer service company FIRST!
Previous experience working for a Managed Services Provider (MSP) is highly desired.
- The responsibilities of this position include consulting, installation, configuring, upgrading and troubleshooting IT services to a variety of clients.
- Service oriented attitude; ability to deliver IT project(s) on time and within budget; excellent professional appearance; tactful, concise, & articulate communications; ability to work independently, organize & schedule work phases; ability to be on-call as needed by clients.
- This position will require you to provide multi-level technical consulting services to our customers via telephone, site visits, internet, and email.
- Candidate will be required to provide three professional references that will attest to the following: team oriented, energetic attitude and willingness to help wherever needed; professional appearance; good judgment and proactive decision-making skills; tactful, concise, & articulate communications; exceptional organizational and time management skills; and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and coordinate activities with competing deadlines.
- Microsoft Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Microsoft Office 365 setup, migration to, and support
- Linux skillset a plus
- Workstations, laptops, and peripherals installation, configuration & troubleshooting.
- Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016
- VB Scripting & Powershell Scripting a plus
- Experience with VMware, Citrix, and Hyper-V
- Server installation, configuration & troubleshooting.
- Internet connections, routers, switching, gateways, security, firewalls, and anti-virus protection
- Wireless and cable networking including LAN/WAN, Ethernet, switching, routing, TCP/IP
- The following certifications are preferred: MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, A+, Network+
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, college education preferred
- 1 year supervisory or management experience a plus
- Dependable and reliable
- IT Career minded individual
- Flexible Schedule (You will be on-call)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Network Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance