The Lockheed Martin Space (LM Space) Operations, Program Management Execution (PME) organization assists all programs, Internal Research and Development (IRAD) and other internal capital projects across the LM Space enterprise to ensure successful execution. PME conducts reviews during capture and execution to identify and mitigate risks to successful on time, on budget execution. PME provides the Subject Matter Experts (SME) to assist during startup and execution. PME guides captures and programs through strategic sourcing for Make vs Buy analysis and Teaming Agreements. We assess and report program performance to Space and Corporate Executive Leadership Teams and diagnose problems and provide recommendations for corrective actions. Finally, PME identifies, develops, mentors and deploys a talented pipeline of Program Managers for LM Space. The organization is a rewarding place to work providing quantifiable value to the enterprise.
The PME organization in Denver, CO is seeking an energetic Risk and Opportunity Management (ROM) SME to influence change within the enterprise. In this Risk and Opportunity Management SME role your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the update, maintenance and implementation of LM Space Risk and Opportunity Management across all Space Lines of Businesses (LOB) and programs.
- Work with programs to ensure consistent and effective application of the ROM Processes and Tools.
- Provide direct oversight and assessments of the adequacy of the existing Risk and Opportunity (R&O) registries including quantifiable cost and schedule consequences and the likelihood of occurrence to provide Net Factored Risks (NFR) impacts to a program’s Estimate at Complete (EAC).
- During new business capture, conduct independent assessments of the identified technical and programmatic R&O as well as provide recommendations of R&Os previously unidentified by the capture team requiring assessment. Assess the capture team’s R&O plans, procedures and strategy for the new program and will provide recommendations for improvements.
- During execution, provide independent assessments for R&Os during system engineering life cycle reviews to provide a recommendation of the adequacy of the R&O registry and readiness to proceed into the next phase of the program.
- Serve as the POC to the LM Corporate R&O organization and lead and coordinate the Space R&O Community of Practice (CoP) to provide continuous education, training and mentoring for program managers and program R&O managers and maintain the Space R&O SharePoint.
- Support metric collection across LOBs, and provide R&O Tool selection, maintenance and training as well as process maintenance and audit support. Ad-hoc tasking including short-term support to programs as directed by Program Management Leadership.
- Brief at executive levels and function well in a creative, high-tempo, collaborative, cross-functional, dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment.
As the Risk and Opportunity Management SME you will be provided great opportunity to network across Lockheed Martin and be an influential member of the LM Space Program Leadership team. Occasional business travel is required. A Final Secret clearance is required to start.
Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin Space.
• Bachelor of Science degree
- 10+ years of experience with Risk and Opportunity Management
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with LM Risk and Opportunity Management tools and processes
- More than ten years of Program, Project or Subcontract Management experience
- Familiarity with multiple LM Space product lines and Lines of Business
- Effectively manage change
- Experience with program start-up activities
- LM21, 6 sigma, Black or Green Belt; Process Improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic multi-disciplinary environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project)
- Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members
- 7 - 10 years of experience with Risk and Opportunity Management
- Experience with space vehicle platforms, missiles and/or ground control systems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with customers or executives
- Technical depth and breadth in one or more Engineering disciplines
- Process development experience
- Experience with Systems Engineering life-cycle process
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must have at minimum an active Secret security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.