DIGITALSPEC is seeking a motivated Physicist/Analyst to join our team.
Location: Tysons Corner, VA
Education: B.S. degree in Physics or related field with 2+ years of programming experience preferred.
Clearance: U.S. Citizens Only who have resided in the US for the past 5 years. Must be able to obtain a CBP BI.
Job Tasks: Work with a team of physicists and data scientists to support homeland security operations. Code data- mining and analysis tools and work with large data sets to assess operations and threat detection. Conduct analytical assessments and produce reports for client end use.
- Understanding of nuclear or particle detection methods. Coursework in quantum mechanics, electronics, and statistical mechanics a plus.
- Expertise and hands-on experience with Python. Familiarity with common data analysis packages such as NumPy, MatPlotLib, and Pandas. Familiarity with machine learning tools a plus.
- Experience with common database structures; MS SQL preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team of scientists, programmers, and IT professionals in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to present work to outside clients.
Corporate Performance Standards: In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
1. Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
2. Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
3. Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
4. Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
About DIGITALSPEC, LLC
DIGITALSPEC, LLC (DSPEC) is a Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a), ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 company founded in 2005 and headquartered in Fairfax, VA. We are a leading provider of Business Consulting Services and Technical Solution Services delivering true business value and return on investment to Federal clients in the metropolitan Washington, D.C area. DSPEC provides solutions and services in markets such as: Homeland Security and Law Enforcement, Defense and Intelligence, Financial Services, and Social & Citizen Services. We work collaboratively with clients to create solutions that ‘fit’ the client environment and use industry best practices.
Join us at DIGITALSPEC, where we’re engineering Innovations, Solutions, and Results
DIGITALSPEC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
3949 Pender Drive, Suite 305 Fairfax, VA 22030 Phone 703.865.0254
SBA 8(a) Certified www.digitalspec.net
Job Type: Full-time
- Programming: 2 years (Preferred)
- Tysons Corner, VA (Required)
- What is your expected yearly salary range for this position?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off