Good Samaritan Health Center of Cobb, a 501(c)3 non-profit Federally Qualified Health Center, opened its doors in 2006 with a mission “to spread the love of Christ by providing quality healthcare to those in need.” The Center was co-founded by Reverend Grant Cole, pastor of Connection Point Church and Dr. Jack Kennedy, Director of Cobb & Douglas Public Health after recognizing that medical bills and unexpected dental emergencies were the root cause of financial hardship, family instability, and diminishing quality of life in the community.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for screening patients and guests specifically for COVID-19, as a means of prevention of spread within the facility.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Front Office Manager
- Can fulfill the clinic’s mission to spread the love of Christ through quality healthcare to those in need while performing their job functions.
- Greets patients in a polite, prompt, helpful manner. Provides any necessary instructions / directions. Informs appropriate department / person of patient’s arrival.
- Administers medical questionnaires directly to staff, patients, volunteers and visitors.
- Administers and interprets the temperature of individual utilizing infrared and/or oral thermometers according to manufacturer’s instructions and CDC and Good Samaritan guidance for personal protection.
- Reports cases of positive and negative responses according to established protocols while remaining cognizant of appropriate reporting requirements (State, Local and Federal) requirements.
- Communicate findings directly to the department manager.
- Put on (Don) and remove (Doff) PPE as required within the protocol for performing medical screening.
- Document findings and results of the Medical Screening.
- Sanitizes working area and lobby.
- Provides exceptional customer service that respects culturally diverse individuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED or science degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year experience in healthcare office setting, experience in customer service and/or electronic health records preferred.
· Knowledge of reception tasks, clinic policies / procedures, paperwork.
· Knowledge of how to use office equipment including phone, computer.
· Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
· Knowledge of medical terminology and coding.
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Skill in using office equipment and handling paperwork / filing adequately.
- Skill in customer service principles by creating a pleasant waiting room atmosphere.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone and establish / maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, physicians, staff and other customers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions. Can file correctly by alphabetic, numeric, or computer systems.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others in a way that supports the Center’s mission to share the love of Christ through quality healthcare to those in need
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment effectively, prioritizing,, coordinating and organizing several tasks at once.
- Remain complaint with company HIPAA, OSHA, Infection control and Corporate Compliance annual training.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking to analyze and solve problems.
ENVIROMENTAL / WORKING CONDITIONS: Office setting/ Outdoor setting, well-ventilated and well lighted.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Requires eye-hand coordination, finger dexterity. Vision must be corrected to 20 / 20 and hearing must be in normal range. Must be able to view computer screens for long periods. Occasional stress related to workload and customers with problems.
- Hearing / Speaking: Effective communication with patients, staff and visitors. Spanish language skills a plus.
- Standing: 15% of the workday
- Sitting: 40% of the workday
- Walking: 35% of the workday
- Lifting: 10% of the workday up to 30 lbs.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 - $12.00 per hour
- Healthcare setting: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma