Posted: July 6, 2018
Location: 5615 S. 129th East Ave, Tulsa, OK , 74134, United States
Job Family: Engineering
Job Type: M-F 40 hours/Non-Exempt
Contact: Inbox Human Resources
Job Summary:Assist engineers with the research, development, implementation and testing of air exchanger designs both new and modifications. Strong technical and mechanical knowledge including but not limited to: 3D CAD (SolidWorks), knowledge of assembly, fabrication, and welding procedures, and previous manufacturing experience.
1. Use compute assisted design/drafting (SolidWorks CAD) equipment and software to develop designs
2. Assist engineer with research and development (R & D) of new air exchanger designs and modifications of existing designs
3. Utilizing established scientific techniques, document the test results and provide the outcomes to the engineering team for potential modification of design improvements
4. Timely and accurately completes reports which include but not limited to observations and conclusions, mathematical results, and other testing data
5. Knowledge of drill press, grinders, lathe, welding equipment, or other machines to modify parts tested or to fabricate experimental parts for testing
6. Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate proposals for improving equipment performance
7. Review project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, and objectives, and test nature of technical problems such as redesign
8. Calculate required capacities for equipment of proposed system(s) to obtain specified performance and submit data to engineering team for approval
9. Set up prototype and test apparatus and operate test controlling equipment to observe and record prototype test results.
1. Technical capacity
2. Communication proficiency
3. Problem solving/analysis
4. Collaboration skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position works in an office environment as well a shop manufacturing environment and will be exposed to extremes in temperature from a climate controlled office to shop that is not.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel, grasp; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally must climb, stoop, and/or kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Hours are somewhat flexible and some late evenings may be required.
There is no anticipated overnight travel for this position. Some local day travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 2 years of related engineering or manufacturing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.