The Art Director is responsible for connecting creative strategy to business results for MasterPieces Inc. This person is both player and coach, supporting a fast-paced and growing organization. Managing a team of 10 artists, supporting our Product Development team while supervising the creative needs of sales and marketing for the company. The Art Director will drive the creative vision of the company’s brand identity and will oversee product design through digital to print to retail, overseeing the Production Manager to bring those concepts to fruition. Must be able to process internal and external feedback and adapt strategies to execute across an extensive product line of puzzles, toys, gifts and crafts. Candidates should have a solid background in graphic design and illustration specific to consumer products, an understanding of production processes and be strong with making creative decisions. Additionally, the candidate should be comfortable in managing the daily work of multiple designers, while developing the skill sets of those individuals. Need an individual who can constantly rebalance an ever-changing list of priorities. They are a problem solver that will support the current and future positioning of the MasterPieces brands and help it evolve. This person should understand the competitive retail landscape, question norms, and help develop effective strategies that further departmental needs.
As the Art Director, you will:
- Create logos, product design, packaging, media, web and more. –
- Focus on making cost effective and engaging designs for retail product, package design, catalog, website, tradeshow, and more.
- Focus on consistency in concept and style across product lines to drive from concept through production.
- Manage multiple projects at once.
- Work closely with our Product Development Team to continuously design quality products, with an eye toward efficiencies.
- Explore new ways to meet our production needs and deadlines.
- Build, coach and mentor the design team.
- Partner with the Product Development team to build strategy and work with team members to translate, develop, present and execute creative concepts.
- Articulate insight driven design solutions.
- Research design and toy trends within the competitive landscape and customer insights to form a point of view on where Masterpieces brand fits within the industry.
- Be on site to art direct photo and video shoots.
These are the qualifications you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or similar is required
- Need 8+ years of design experience.
- Must have 5+ years of experience as a creative focused on campaigns and concepting.
- Requires knowledge of how a creative department works.
- Experience with a relevant lifestyle brand is a plus.
- Strong artistic eye, conceptual thinking.
- Understanding of materials, manufacturing and printing process.
- Advanced knowledge in MacOS and Adobe design software, specifically: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Should be quick, collaborative and creative. Need to be able to thrive in a deadline driven environment.
- Should have knowledge of digital design, marketing and best practices
- Needs to work well independently, have excellent follow through skills and be pro-active.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Have ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at once and be deadline oriented.
- Must have strong communication skills as working well in a team is vital.
- Photo/video editing skills.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. We offer a competitive benefit and compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401K, paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays.
Job Type: Full-time