Merakey is currently seeking a Behavioral Health Worker to join our Student Therapeutic Services division in Philadelphia County.
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential. With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey, formerly NHS, provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Virginia, and Tennessee.
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader in the human services industry
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible scheduling
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
The Behavioral Health Worker (BHW) will be responsible for reinforcing social and adaptive skills to assigned children within a classroom setting.The BHW will report directly to the Lead Clinician (LC) who will provide clinical guidance and supervision. LC's are stationed onsite with the BHW's.
- Supervise and monitor the child's activities in a classroom setting
- To intervene when needed using behavior management and crisis intervention techniques
- Assist teacher or other school personnel with implementation of behavioral plan.
- Complete and submit progress notes
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Bachelor's Degree in psychology, social work, counseling, sociology, education, criminal justice, or similar human service field, with no previous work experience; OR
- Bachelor's Degree in any other field, with the equivalent of at least one year of full-time paid work experience in a job that involved direct contact with children or adolescents; OR
- Licensed registered nurses, with the equivalent of at least one year of full-time paid work experience in a job that involved direct contact with children or adolescents; OR
- Associate's Degree, or sixty credits toward a Bachelor's Degree, with the equivalent of at least three years of full-time paid work experience in a job that involved direct contact with children or adolescents; OR
- Licensed practical nurses, with the equivalent of at least three years of full-time paid work experience in a job that involved direct contact with children or adolescents
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled