Configuration Management (CM) Specialist
Location: Chantilly, Virginia, United States
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analysis are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Specific Job Description:
The primary responsibility will be to serve as a Status Accounting specialist. The candidate will be a member of the Program’s Status Accounting and Board Support Team, focused on the customer baseline through support to RFC originators and proponents, as well as the Customer Configuration Control Board (CCB)/Joint Board process. The candidate will also be responsible for maintenance of the CM database used to document and track RFCs and ECPs throughout the boarding process. The candidate will be responsible for producing results reports and metrics from CCB decisions.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing timely response to the Enterprise regarding CM questions.
- Providing direct support to Customer CCBs to assure accurate RFC and ECP packages.
- Support CM process/tool improvement activities.
- Coordinating and executing CM activities with Documentation Team, Quality Assurance Team, and Status Accounting Team members.
- Updating and maintaining CM templates and standard of procedures.
- Assist in preparing Request for Change (RFC) metrics to monitor board approvals.
- Maintaining CM Wizard database to include maintenance of RFCs, modifications, and Additional Change Requests, as well as report generation.
- Supporting preparation of Requests for Changes (RFC). Review, verify, and release RFC concepts, coordination, final, floor modification, and joint modification packages for quality and completeness and provide comments to originators and proponents.
- Answering enterprise CM “hot-line.” Provide answers to inquiries regarding CM policy & procedures, RFC, ECP, and Documentation information, and give various engineering review boards schedule insight.
- TS/SCI security clearances with knowledge/experience working in the Intelligence Community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of System Engineering experience.
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Customer CM Processes.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of NGA IT communication systems (VTC, IC Connect)
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Knowledge of the NGA organization and programs.
- Knowledge of process workflow tools configuration and administration.
- Knowledge of cloud technology environment (AWS, C2S)
- Knowledge/experience analyzing impacts from RFCs.
- Intermediate knowledge/experience supporting ServiceNow, Remedy, DOORS/DOORS NextGen.
- Ability to associate cloud technology principles within the CM framework.
- Knowledge/experience with supporting customer. Ability to work in a Government environment as part of a multi-contractor team.
- Advanced technical degree.
- 2-6 years of experience with NGA CM control processes and procedures.
- Experience with geospatial intelligence systems and/or existing legacy/heritage NSG segments.
Job Type: Full-time
- TS/SCI Security Clearance