Do you excel at end-to-end product management and are looking for a place to innovate from discovery through delivery?
Are you user obsessed and looking for a customer-centric organization to build great products with through constant contact with end users?
Ready to apply your years of product management experience to evolve a growing team from the ground level?
***Position is located in Charlottesville, VA ***
CoConstruct is a growing company with lots of opportunities — rated by Inc. Magazine as a fastest growing privately held company in the US in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. We are the #1 highest-rated company in our space and are #2 by market share and looking for a stellar Product Manager to help us move to #1.
As a Product Manager, you will leverage your love for technology, curiosity for “a better way”, empathy for users, and ability to make difficult decisions to create products that offer simple but effective tools for customers to establish industry leading practices in their business.
- Identify and prioritize new opportunities on the roadmap in a functional area that present value to customers and impact organizational goals.
- Manage a product backlog that is consistently groomed and prioritized for one or more development teams.
- Scope work and drive an iterative release plan for products to reduce risk and present value/learning as early as practical.
- Employ qualitative and quantitative methods for gaining in-depth understanding of customer and industry needs in a functional area including industry/market research, interviews, surveys, data analytics and processing feedback.
- Confidently and accurately be the voice of the customer informing design, development, marketing, and customer facing teams.
- Have an in-depth understanding of use cases and benefits of CoConstruct and other tools (QuickBooks, etc) in the lives of homebuilders, their clients, and their trade partners
- Contribute to improvement of product team process and practice through research and knowledge sharing of industry best practices and trends
- Have 2+ years of digital product management experience preferably over web based and/or mobile products.
- Understand the importance of communicating and gaining alignment on a product vision with a development team and across stakeholders in an organization.
- Have a love for design, business, and technology — particularly where they intersect — that makes you keenly aware of the value of good and bad experiences around you.
- Able to do big picture thinking but still get “in the weeds” to define complex requirements.
- Have specific technical experience in the following critical areas:
- Owning and prioritizing a product strategy, roadmap, or backlog through business and user outcome driven decision making.
- Detailed requirement definition and backlog management for complex enterprise systems with heavy business logic and multiple use cases.
- Qualitative and Quantitative product research methods and how/when they should be applied
- Agile product management and software development theory including frameworks such as Scrum, Lean, and Kanban * Consistent history of reliable execution, setting and hitting milestones and leading a team to do the same.
- Experience guiding and collaborating with designers to visualize products for ideation, validation, testing, and development.
- Experience communicating with stakeholders, customers, and/or end users in order to properly uncover and define needs. Then deliver validated solutions that create value for the business and customer.
- Use a logical, analytical, financial, and data-driven approach to justify, prioritize, and schedule upcoming products based on data about the market, competitors, users, and system usage.
- Knowledge of web analytics platforms to measure and quantify product usage.
- Experience developing and/or managing a product roadmap tied to business objectives and outcomes
- Experience mitigating risk through experimentation and prototyping prior to development of a solution.
Nice to Have Skills
BA/BS+ degree in technology, business, or design related discipline or equivalent relevant experience
At CoConstruct, we deliver software that transforms the lives of our users by eliminating the chaos in their days and creating rewarding building experiences for home builders and their clients.
With over 100,000 users and expected 2018 growth of 50%+, your contributions on the product development team will be key for powering our mission-critical software for thousands of home builders and remodelers around the world and for bringing new features and refinements for the thousands more signing up this year.
Recently voted locally as “The Best Place to Work in Charlottesville” we care as much about our people as our customers, and it shows! Whether it’s a pancake breakfast, a video game night, a 5k mud runs, or a happy hour, there’s time to enjoy the other people who are on the mission with you.
We’re already the #1 rated company in our space, and you can see how much our customers love our system and our people (https://www.softwareadvice.com/construction/co-construct-profile/).
We’re also on a strong financial footing, with 12 years of organically-fueled growth and four years running on the Inc. Magazine list of fastest growing privately held companies in the US. But, there’s so much more we can do. And that’s why we need you to join our growing team.
CoConstruct offers an excellent benefits package:
- Medical, dental and vision (employer covers 100% of employee’s health care and dental premiums)
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Employer-paid training for relevant skills
About Charlottesville, VA
Named the Happiest City in America, beautiful Charlottesville, VA has earned many published recognitions for quality of life:
- Internationally recognized foodie, brewery, and winery destination
- Thriving music, tech, and art scenes
- Our historic Downtown Mall has many venues, restaurants, and unique shops. It is a great place to experience music and performances of all kinds
- Nestled near the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains
- The University of Virginia offers top-tier educational opportunities
- Moderate cost of living for high quality of life
- Close proximity to Richmond and the Nation’s Capital Washington, DC – you will never run out of things to do
CoConstruct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. The purpose of this document is to provide a general statement of the major responsibilities of this position and is not intended to describe all elements of the work that may be performed and should not serve as the sole criteria for personnel decisions.
Job Type: Full-time