Draft drawings, schematics, and wiring diagrams as a means to develop specifications and instructions for assembly
and installation which include wiring connections, cross‐sections, arrangements, and proper distances for spanning
of wires or cables.
- Enhance technical skills by seeking and applying knowledge gained from electrical designers pertaining to drawing
packages or internal engineering processes by using PromisE/AutoCAD software and reviewing the Drafting
- Confer with electrical engineers to receive technical instruction and resolve design issues; correspond with crossfunctional
teams for feedback relating to, FCNs, ECRs, documentation for manuals, estimates, compliance, and
- Utilize CADD systems and techniques to create As‐Built drawings, make pick‐ups, design one‐lines, and update FCNs.
- Study work order requests for accuracy, compliance, specifications, dimensions, measurements and necessary
adjustments and submit completed work to Engineering Manager for approval.
- Convert DWG to PDF drawings and use advanced knowledge of software to view, edit, transfer, print, and create
variations on designs.
Intrapersonal Skills ‐ Self‐motivated and able to identify, examine, and resolve issues independently from others.
Hold a strong regard for guidelines, procedures and integrity.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This
includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans,
blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Technical Experience — Advanced to expert knowledge/experience utilizing AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Software.
Experience in PromisE software is a plus. Must have detailed knowledge of low and medium voltage switchgear,
generator controls, and motor control centers.
- Critical Thinking ‐ Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and
programming such as Microsoft Office Business Suite; knowledge of NEC, ANSI/IEEE, NEMA standards and design.
- Active Listening ‐ Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being
made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Oral Comprehension ‐ The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words
- Written Comprehension ‐ The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression ‐ The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Math Skills – This position requires intermediate skills (calculate figures/discounts, proportions, area, etc.)
2‐3 years relevant drafting experience, preferred
High School Diploma/GED
CAD certification, preferred