First Line Defense, LLC is seeking one (1) individual to work alongside senior engineers, subject matter experts/architects as well as other system technicians in a team environment for the Export–Import Bank of the United States. This person should have one (1) to five (5) years of progressively more responsible or complex experience. Executive and management communication skills requested, along with ability to work with other vendors and organizations to achieve best results.
Education Requirements: Degree from accredited college or university in related field, or equivalent years of specialized technical experience and/or technical training.
Desired Certifications: CompTIA Network + or CCNP - CCNA or other advanced Cisco Networking certification.
*U.S. Citizenship required
*Must be able to pass a Federal background investigation
Ideal candidate shall possess some of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Performs end-to-end troubleshooting of LAN/WAN/WWAN and data center inter-networking connectivity and performance issues including routing and switching, caching, video distribution engines, unified communications and application accelerators.
- Monitors and administers VoIP-infrastructure to proactively determine call flow, growth patterns of disk space usage, class of service and general activity.
- Designs, tests, and deploys Call Center distribution, computer telephony integration, and Interactive Voice Response scripts to support the enterprise goals.
- Manages entire enterprise network projects from conception to execution, including LAN/WAN/wireless design, implementation, firewall security, network load balancing, mobile access, WAN acceleration, compression, VoIP and COOP availability and Disaster Recovery.
- Provides remote network consulting and network management for business critical wired and wireless voice, video, and data networks.
- Maintains standards and policy documentation for all production-environment products.
- Manages network asset inventory.
- Hands-on experience with the configuration and maintenance of Cisco Nexus switches, Catalyst 3850 switches, CUCM, Cisco Unity, IM & Presence, and MGCP voice gateways.
- Daily engineering
- Network analysis
- Capacity management
- Corrective task management to mitigate security incidents identified by security team and collaboration with server engineering teams for design and new installations or changes to existing infrastructure and application software requirements.
- Lead lower level network technicians for daily tasks and work with subject matter experts to complete tasks for engineering and configuration changes within an enterprise network environment to present highest availability to customer.
- Ticket creation and queue management within an IT service management system.
Success Factors / Job Competencies:
- Maintains knowledge base and stays abreast of developments in latest network hardware/software technologies, actively updates skills to keep abreast of changes in the industry, provides design recommendations and expert advice on new or evolving system configurations and for existing system upgrades.
- Leadership and project ownership, as well as attitude for retaining positive work environment in high paced, challenging circumstances.
- Possesses experience with Cisco routers and switches as well as Unified Communications applications.
- Exhibits ability to troubleshoot and efficiently resolve Layer 2/3 connectivity issues including Spanning Tree, VLAN, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, HSRP, Multicast, MGCP, SIP, SCCP and QoS.
- Possesses operational experience in VoIP solutions and VoIP-infrastructure configuration and support for contact centers.
- Exhibits operational competence with VoIP (Cisco) and SIP solutions including telephony applications such as CUCM, Cisco Unity, UCCX and Cisco Jabber.
- Possesses enterprise-level operational experience with data networks and Windows/VMware high availability solutions.
- Possesses knowledge of telecommunication transports, IP data communications, local area and wide area networking.
- Experience with the design and build of enterprise network architectures.
- Substantive experience interfacing with network carriers and ISPs in LAN/WAN solution design and operational troubleshooting.
- Possesses operational experience in VoIP solutions and VoIP-infrastructure configuration and support, contact centers. Exhibits operational expertise with VoIP (Cisco) and SIP solutions including telephony applications such as call center, contact center, click-to-call.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- CompTIA Network+ (Preferred)
- Cisco Networking (Preferred)