Position Title: Technician Specialist - Water/Wastewater
· 5+ years of electrical/mechanical trade experience (US Military bases preferred)
· Construction, maintenance and controls systems experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Strong technical and communication skills are critical
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to work outside and in industrial environments
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
· Proficiency in utilizing the Plant Pax module library in analyzing and troubleshooting system and field device performance.
· In depth knowledge of process control panel components including troubleshooting and repair of Rockwell ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLCs.
· Experienced with Rockwell intelligent field device configuration including Variable Frequency Drives, Soft-starts, intelligent overloads (E330s),
· Software: Microsoft Office proficiency (excel word). Rockwell Studio 5000 and FactoryTalk View experience and/ or exposure a plus.
· Proficient in using test and measurement equipment
· Proficient in wiring, terminations, hardware replacement, conduit/raceway work
Work Location: Camp Lejeune, NC (100% On-Site)
Work Hours: Regular hours are 0730-1600, Monday through Friday. Overtime hours for on-call assignments, and outage/cutover projects.
Technicians will have electrical, mechanical, and controls experience for providing maintenance services as required for each SCADA system. Primary responsibilities are as follows:
· Optimize intelligent field device parameter settings (VFDs, soft starts, E300s, etc.) for improved system reliability.
· Assist OT engineer and data analyst in establishing best practices to leverage system data for troubleshooting and repair.
· Provide knowledge transfer to PWD staff of best practices. For example, documenting and enhancing alarm response procedures for improved PWD response.
· Provide technical expertise in resolving issues with SCADA and field device equipment coordinating with OEMs, the OT engineer and PWD staff.
· Conduct lab system testing for new equipment and configurations, verifying design and best practice compliance with design requirements prior to production implementation.
· Work with OT engineer in development and improvement of standards and drawings for site infrastructure additions, ensuring maintainability and spare parts compatibility.
· Repair/replace failed SCADA system components.
· Respond to operator and PWD technician requests and trouble-shooting alarms.
· Install/update component programs as directed by the OT engineer.
· Maintain component records and standardization policies.
· Coordinate and prioritize work assignments with other technicians (O&M team and government).
· Actively maintain technical competencies with respect to SCADA system upgrades and changes.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $40.00 per hour
Work Location: In person