This is your opportunity to join a fast growing, team oriented organization where WHAT YOU DO MATTERS! AmeriQual Foods in Evansville, IN is seeking a motivated, positive leader to assume duties as a Food Scientist. This position performs various tasks related to day to day production support, new product development, existing product revisions and manufacturing processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process Development – work with product development to scale up production trials, and providing support for commercialization of initial production start-up. Report results to appropriate departments during the commercialization process.
- Lead and drive redesign & renovation of existing products and manufacturing process to increase quality, reduce costs & or increase production efficiencies.
- Work with engineering and operations to identify new equipment and manufacturing steps to increase quality, reduce costs & increase production efficiencies.
- Maintain formulation files by auditing production, reviewing batch procedures, and update as needed
- Support production with troubleshooting out of spec product or concerns on established products
- Work with the SPC program manager and Quality Systems to set change process control requirements for existing products and provide data or data analysis upon internal and customer request
- Must maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate start production and/or adjustments required on second shift. Limited weekend work also required. Must be available evenings and weekends (off hours) to answer phone calls or emails pertaining to Must interact with customers and plant personnel in a professional and friendly manner
- Adhere to Quality, R&D Procedures, GMP, and Safety Standards
- Complete other required tasks as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or other related field required
- 3+ years of experience in food product development & previous experience in food manufacturing strongly preferred
- Knowledgeable MSOffice Excel, Word.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining close communication and collaborative work relationships with all levels of the organization and with external customers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and anticipate changing project needs.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to interact professionally with other team members as well as customers
- Must be willing to taste food products, including animal products, nut containing products or other allergens.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Position will frequent the production floor, so operating in standard seasonal warehouse and food processing plant temperature conditions will be required. Work is completed in a facility where nuts, fruits and other allergens are present.
Competitive salary and excellent benefit package available including affordable medical insurance, FREE health clinic, 100% match 401(k), and more! Learn more about the company and apply today at www.ameriqualgroup.com/careers. EO/AAE
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Food Science / Food R&D: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible