About the company:
HTML Global is a fast growing managed IT service provider on Chicago's north shore. Employees work in small teams to service client needs. We offer full benefitsincluding healthcare, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, progressive paid time off and more. Due to our vast array of IT disciplines and practices, there is excellent exposure and learning opportunitiesfor career growthwithin the company.
About the position:
This position is established as a specialist in Information Technology (IT) applications software principles, concepts, and methods, as they apply to the management of client services in an educational environment. In general, the Level 2 IT Support Services Technician’s work involves a help desk support and project-based tasks in which the IT team work together to provide the client with the highest of IT support.
- Assists users in the effective use of information technology processes, products, and services.
- Troubleshoot various Desktop and laptop related issues
- Install, configure and troubleshoot network hardware, software, and infrastructure including routers, switches, hubs, servers, cabling, wireless, printers
- Install and configuration of but not limited to audio/video equipment, printers, security cameras etc
- User support: Respond to user requests for application, workstation, and general technical support in a timely and professional manner with appropriate prioritization and follow-up.
- Follow and help improve existing IT practices and standards
- Escalate issues to the appropriate IT department or other business departments in accordance with the Service Desk SLA if the incident requires escalation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able and willing to lift 50lbs
- Must have a reliable form of transportation to move from site to site.
- Familiarity with Zendesk or similar ticketing system
- Strong familiarity with G Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Microsoft Server Environment
- Understanding of firewall configuration
- Familiarity with OSX is a plus but not required
- Must be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
*Spanish speaking is a plus but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00 to $47,000.00 /year
- IT: 3 years
- Helpdesk: 2 years
- Chomebook: 2 years
- Active Directory: 2 years
- Networking: 2 years
- GSuite: 2 years