Full Job Description
Chewy is seeking an experienced Art Department Manager to join our in-house creative production studio based in Dallas, TX. Our In-house Photo/Video Studio is looking for an exceptional hands-on Art Department Manager to manage and support our creative studio. This leader will be managing the in-house team of Production Designers, Set Decorators, Food Stylists, Wardrobe Stylists and Construction Department and overseeing the execution of set and prop fabrication for the Dallas Studio.
You will be responsible for motivating and developing members of the Art Department while they execute high quality, high volume content. You will be overseeing those responsible for the visual experience as it's communicated through set design, building and propping. Tasks will include guiding and approving the set builds and dressings, improving the process of communicating creative ideas and setting art, and working with sets and props to create a seamless experience with the brand and the art direction. Additionally, there will be assignments for mood boards and creative concepting. You have extensive experience with at-scale photography and video for a multitude of media outlets. You'll have a strong POV on managing a large stylist and construction team, strong technical skills and you are able to communicate this to creative partners with clarity and conviction. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, engaged, and have a passion for our industry as well as a desire to create, develop and organize a talented team of passionate creatives. You'll have to be a people leader, a diplomat and a creative problem solver working with the Production Team, Photo Art Director, Photographers and Videographers. These teams rely on communication and confident leadership to allow us to execute on content that attracts and engages our consumers.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Lead a team of Art Directors, Art Coordinators, Stylists and Builders
- Able to collaboratively build upon the vision and ideas of others to create something bigger
- Collaborate with the Operations Team and Production Team to strategically develop process and infrastructure to support departmental optimization
- Guide all projects and be responsible for the overall quality of work produced by the Art Department
- Develop and/or maintaining style guides
- Collaborate with the Art Supervisor with procedures and process to support the creative direction
- Ensure photo/video art design quality is up to brand standards
- Maintain brand guidelines and creative standards
- Collaborate with the Production Team on production schedules, resource allocation and strategic planning
- Manage Art Department resources, including headcount, budgeting and spending
- 7+ years of experience with an e-commerce focused photo and video studio; be immersed and knowledgeable in current trends of styling/dressing, crafting and interior design
- 5+ years of experience managing a medium-to-large staff of stylists and builders
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources, identify and address problems and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with software applications used in a creative studio such as Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and Google Apps
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, positive and innovative thinker
- Highly motivated and a high level of initiative; ability to work independently, in support of Marketing's creative goals and Chewy's business objectives
- Ability and desire to work in an environment with all pet types
- Position may require travel
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact HR@Chewy.com.