Photography Coordinator Internship
Our internship is an Academic based education Internship Experience and NOT a Paid position at this time.
The Georgia State Games is one of the largest Amateur Olympic-Style Sports Festivals in the country. We rely HEAVILY on top quality interns to operate many of our sporting Projects and Programs.
- We are seeking top level, organized, team oriented, talented, aggressive, outgoing and innovative interns to assist in the preparation and implementation for this year's events. This internship is NOT for the student looking to get by, be a social butterfly or to party for the semester.
- All applicants must have strong writing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Past experience writing press releases, contact media sources
- Experience with current social media forums
Potential Benefits of a Georgia Games Internship:
This is a tremendous experience! We have tons of interns from across the country last year. The interns get a GREAT, HANDS-ON experience. No fetching coffee. Real life planning AND implementation of public relations activities and programs is what they will experience.
- Earn academic credit
- Real life on-the-job experience with BIG time responsibilities that other internships do not provide. See description on second page for details.
- Internships include semester-long positions
- Internship program has been offered since 1990
- Students have come from the following US States: AK, AL, AR, CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, ME, MI, MS, MN, NC, ND, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, WI and WV and from the countries of Canada, England, Germany and Hungary just to intern with the Georgia Games.
- Internships are first offered to students completing the internship for academic credit.
- Interns have turned down the United State Olympic Committee, Professional and College programs to intern with the Georgia Games.
* Priority will be given to those students completing the internship for academic credit and/or for a graduation requirement.
* Priority will be given to students currently enrolled in college.
Go to www.georgiagames.org under internships and complete an:
2) Sports questionnaire
4) Cover letter.
5) Samples Photography samples and/or portfolio
Submit ASAP via email
The Photography Coordinator are responsible for assisting with the planning and implementation of the promotions, public relations, results, photography and social media programs for all aspects of the Georgia State Games and related programs.
- Coordinate with Public Relations, graphic design and website Coordinators to ensure compliance with all needed activities.
- Take Photography for EACH sporting championships (where feasible);
- Of athletes & teams
- Volunteers in action
- Setup & breakdown of venue
- Of EACH type of event in THAT sport
- Of EVERY type of demographic at each sport: race, age, gender, skill ability, etc.
- Medal presentations
- General GREAT promotional shots
- Provide accurate and timely photos on all programs to the media and be available at all times for media inquires.
- Assist in generating news coverage with photos for social media posts, press releases, media kits, athlete biographies, and other newsworthy materials to the media.
- Develop and coordinate a photography volunteer program, involving individuals that cover and take photography for the championships and districts and other programs;
- Work with sports chair to cover each sports;
- Oversee all outgoing publications and promotional materials from a photography perspective;
- Supply photos for the design and production Official Programs and Other items as needed;
- Produce photography for newsletter that reaches volunteers, sponsors and sport organizations. List includes over 40,000+ circulation.
- Supervise and update the photography for the Georgia Games website.
- Update/Compile a yearly record of game activities.
- Plan/coordinate all photography activities;
- Supervise all on-site activities as determined by Executive Director.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Internship
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 to $0.01 /year