For over 50 years, Nixon Medical has been an industry leader in providing high-quality medical apparel and linens to outpatient healthcare centers. We pride ourselves in providing outstanding service to our clients. We partner with the largest, regional health systems in the Mid-Atlantic.
If you want to work for a company that offer growth, stability and be part of a team that works together, Nixon Medical has the perfect opportunity for you. We are seeking a Material Handler.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to a predetermined sequence, such as: size, type, style, color, or product code
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, or other stock.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Cleans warehouse area.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL REQUIRE:
- Minimum 1 to 3 months of related experience.
- Basic warehouse knowledge recommended; demonstrated success working in a production environment is helpful.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of product weighing 5 to 60 pounds.
- Frequent pushing or pulling of material and/or equipment.
- Frequent standing when working and when driving powered industrial equipment.
- Frequent walking, primarily in the warehouse
- Regular reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling and twisting.
- Repetitive motion and substantial movement of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Work Environment
- Exposure to extreme temperatures dependent on external climate and proximity to dock doors/exits.
WHY JOIN US?
- We are a 50 years old company with a track record of NO lay- offs. We guarantee stable employment.
- We are not only family owned, we are family- oriented company so we understand the work/life balance.
- Our core purpose is ‘To grow and create opportunities that enrich each other’s lives’ and we stand by it. Over 50% of our associates have been promoted in their roles since they started.
- We grew from 1 plant/facility to running 4 plants today and are still growing.
- We encourage our associates to make improvements to our processes which empowers them daily.
- We provide trainings for all our associates to learn and grow.
- We offer competitive salary and benefits to meet your financial needs.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Weekly Pay- Get paid every Friday!
- Direct Deposit
- Monday- Friday fixed schedule, No Weekends!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 6 Paid holidays
- 401K with company match
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program- FREE access to a licensed professional to help with personal, family, work issues or work/life balance situations.
- FREE Virtual Medical Consultation– 24/7 access to a doctor via phone, video, or mobile app visits.
- Referral Bonus Program- Bring your friends!
Nixon Medical is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.55 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Castle, DE: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)