Plank Road Forestry, LLC has multiple positions currently open within our company. We have multiple positions open in both North and South Carolina. These are positions that require travel daily within the area of work. Approximately 70% of work is considered local and employees will not be required to stay overnight. This will greatly depend on where each employee resides in proximity to the job site. If overnight travel is required, per Diem is paid for food with the hotel expenses paid by Plank Road Forestry, LLC.
We are interested in individuals with a 2 or 4 year forestry or forestry related college degree. We do have positions available for individuals without a college degree that are interested in working outdoors as well. Summer internships are also offered to any interested individual that is interested in forest utilities.
Scope of work is diverse for these positions all revolving around forest utilities. Examples of daily work will be danger tree identification/marking, timber inventory for private landowners on utility right-of-ways, project notification with private landowners, safety audits, work assessments/audits post right-of-way harvest, etc.
Requirements of Position(s):
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid drivers license
- Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred in Forestry or Natural Resources
- Experience in Forestry or Natural Resources will be considered on case-by-case basis
- Understand & effectively use GIS mapping software, GPS units, Microsoft tablets, etc
- Be able to effectively work with co-workers on a daily basis
- Be responsible for all paperwork/receipts/mileage log/activity sheets throughout a work week & turn them in on time
- Motivated to work diligently in outdoor conditions daily
- Moderate knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc
- Be able to effectively & efficiently communicate in a professional matter in stressful environments
- Required to take company safety classes (both quarterly & monthly)
- Use all PRF,llc company equipment with respect and care
- Participate in "on the job" performance tests
- All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) are provided by PRF,llc and is required to be worn while on the job site
- Company vehicles are provided to every PRF,llc employee (2018 Toyota Tacoma's - 4x4)
- Per Diem for out-of-town work
- Health Insurance paid by PRF,llc
- Company 401k plan (As of Jan. 2018)
- Monthly phone bill stipend
- Computers for company use are provided to all PRF,llc employees
- Muck boots with snake chaps are provided & required to be worn in many areas of work
- PRF,llc apparel is provided and required to be worn by all employees during work hours
- Personal Protection Equipment (Required) is provided to all PRF,llc employees
- All PRF,llc employees are paid on a "per hour" basis
- Per hour payment greatly depends on work experience in forestry or related field
For more information, please call Logan Scarborough at 704-695-2207. Resumes are required prior to an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Utility Foreman: 1 year (Preferred)