The Data Specialist is part of the workforce development team, and responsible for supporting all phases of data gathering and reporting for the Employment Services and Trade Adjustment Assistance programs within DESC ES Service Centers.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Data entry and tracking of performance statistics while adhering to established procedures and guidelines, and organizing, tracking, and maintaining a smooth flow of customer data into and out of the DESC service centers.
- Maintaining hard copy and electronic records in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Assisting with record maintenance and reporting data for individual staff, centers, and program activities, generating routine and specialized reports as needed by Program Manager, Program Director, or as requested by Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation.
- Assists ES staff in creating forms, tracking mechanisms, promotional material, brochures, flyers, announcements, posters, signs, and forms.
- Assists in DESC centers as needed, including resume assistance, UIA verification, and data entry of services into OS/MIS system.
- Recording, routing and tracking invoices received for payment from vendors and processing approvable invoices to the DESC Finance Department within established timelines and procedures.
- Assists with procuring, supplies, equipment, and services for equipment repair per established agency procurement policies and procedures.
- Responsible for executing mass mailings, including routine post-program follow-up and applicant inquiry and outreach correspondence, assisting with staff timesheet records, purchase orders, and other documents requiring approval.
- Provides support in maintaining data systems including ES and TAA program customer files, employer records, customer service data, on-the-job training contracts, Individual Training Accounts, contracts, purchase orders, internal tracking mechanisms, reports and fiscal data directly related to customer expenditures.
- The Data Specialist is required to possess an Associate Degree in Accounting, and at least two (2) years of experience in supporting the management of data including expenditures, accounts payable/receivable, and customer data base software operations. This position requires knowledge of arithmetic and accounting principles, and strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- The Data Specialist is expected to possess expert level knowledge of Microsoft software, especially Excel, and ACCESS database operations. Must be able to comprehend, analyze and apply complex regulations and mathematical concepts to systems and processes, and apply resulting changes to the record keeping process while complying with applicable regulations regarding record accuracy and support documentation. The Data Specialist must also possess excellent administrative skills, written communication skills and the proven ability to articulate thoughts clearly on paper with proper grammar and punctuation, as well as the ability to apply language rules.
Knowledge of the State Mediated Service System, the Pure Michigan Talent Connect and job banks, and internet resources as they relate to employment and training programs is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.50 /hour