The Chief Operating Officer is a strong leader and key member of the senior management team, who is charged with advising the team on safe, dependable and cost-efficient practices in a behavioral health care setting. The COO leads the Management team on all strategic and operational matters and provides it with the vision necessary to commit to the assessment and daily operation of systems within North Philadelphia Health System. The COO is mandated with monitoring and cutting costs, when necessary while enhancing revenue and increasing quality care.
The COO monitors, evaluates and directs the organization in all aspects of operational policies, objectives and initiatives within the context of organizational philosophies and goals especially in preparation for regulatory inspections.
This position carries a high degree of responsibility and judgment in ensuring the provision of high quality services on an ongoing basis, including in times of emergencies. Will be responsible for the leadership and management of operations, financial plans and personnel for Emergency Preparedness, Safety, Security/Transportation, Compliance, Training and oversight of contracted services including Maintenance. Nutrition, Environmental, and Pharmacy Services; Communications/Marketing, in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Will create and implement a vision for Information Services that addresses the needs of all of NPHS stakeholders. Will report directly to the President/CEO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
LEADERSHIP OF OPERATIONS
- Oversee the planning, development, implementation, and continuous improvement of NPHS’ operations to meet the needs of the institution.
- Articulate clearly the brand strategy, mission, vision and values and translate into actionable plans across all areas of the business.
- Develop multiple high impact initiatives, functional and business strategies to attain operational goals and achieve performance and growth.
- Assess the benefits of all prospective operational contracts and collaborate with the Executive team on programmatic design and implementation matters through completion.
- Provide strategic leadership and accountability for:
- Facilities – Point person to oversee NPHS Premises, the selection and maintenance of major and minor equipment, the maintenance and safety of all facilities and the work of consultants and contractors for building maintenance and repairs. Maintain open communication with the landlord and work closely with them on maintaining the integrity of the lease, maintenance, safety, liability, contracting and other issues.
- Operations in Safety, Security and Transportation; collaborate with Chief Financial Officer on Information Services; Telecommunications and Materials Management; collaborate with Sr. Vice President of Behavioral Health on operations of Physician, Nursing and other Clinical Services.
- Monitor maintenance budget and cost control initiatives.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment by building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met, while increasing employee productivity
- Ensure the Information Services Department serves all of the needs of the organization.
BUSINESS DEVELOPEMENT/FUTURE GROWTH
- Provide vision for growth opportunities to enhance NPHS’ short and long-term goals.
- Research and provide innovative business ideas for new program development.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of new sites, service lines and physical improvements.
- Participate in identifying and developing new business opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
STAKEHOLDER RELATIONSHIPS & MARKETING
- With the President/CEO develop strategic plans that include fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on city, state, and national levels.
- Create and maintain a network of local constituency groups to include government agencies, local businesses, affiliate health providers and the surrounding community.
- Develop and execute effective Marketing strategies, including but not limited to enhancing the company’s website and social media presence.
- Oversee the creation of marketing materials, ensuring that they undergo regular review and adhere to brand guidelines.
- Clearly communicate marketing recommendations, plans and results.
DAY-TO-DAY MANAGEMENT OPERATIONS
- Organize the day-to-day management and operation of the institution through departmentalization, delegation and alignment of responsibilities to meet the facility’s operational and business objectives and strategies.
- Effectively manage and direct contracted services and compliance with services provided.
- Hold direct reports and contractors accountable and conduct regular assessments of performance.
- Work closely with the Emergency Management and Safety Committee to ensure preparedness utilizing drills and supplies as appropriate, leading or participating in emergency responses and preparing reports as necessary.
- Actively participate in Quality Improvement program and activities including Quality projects and/or process improvement to attain quality service delivery.
- Assist with implementation of organization-wide goal setting, performance management and operating plans.
- In coordination with Human Resources and the Professional Development Committee, assess the technical and professional skills and developmental needs of NPHS employees and recommend programs for skill enhancement.
- Plan, administer and evaluate professional development programs to ensure employees have the skills and knowledge required to meet business and service objectives,
- Maintain current knowledge of behavioral healthcare industry trends, changes and best practices and ensure facility is prepared and compliant.
- Ensure compliance with operating requirements and all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and rules.
- Participate in the development and implementation of NPHS’ mission, goals and values; strategic and business planning and lead key initiatives, meetings and committees.
- Participate and work closely with various NPHS Committees to identify areas of need including the development of policies and procedures, training, monitoring compliance and ensuring audits are conducted as required.
- Provide support to the Chief Executive Officer in carrying out programs, policies, and activities; assists with initiatives, projects and assignments and acts when assigned on behalf of the CEO.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- senior leadership, in behavioral health/acute psych: 7 years (Required)
This job will require you to pass a background check: