Producers, reporters, photographers, salespeople, editors, research directors, promotions writers… these are just some of the opportunities that await you at the NBC Owned Stations & Affiliates. NBC Owned Stations & Affiliates is comprised of 12 television stations in many of the biggest markets in the country bound together by the mission to produce and deliver compelling unique local news, information and entertainment programming across multiple platforms in the communities we serve.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
Studio / Field Production
Daytime Talk / Interview Programming
Research & Strategy
Consumer & Investigative Unit
Local Media / News
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
Research information, assist with investigations and source subjects for possible interviews and story development
Work closely with our consumer unit, making phone calls, interviewing viewers, alleged scammers and government agencies
Upload daily stories to our website and listen to viewer tips/complaints
Produce breaking news under deadline and pitch original enterprise stories
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
- Needs to be able to work on-site in Universal City, CA
- Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
- Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by February 15th, 2019
- Summer Program Dates: June 3rd – August 9th, 2019
- Desired Backgrounds: Journalism, Production, Public Relations/ Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Social Media, English, Digital Media, Business, Research
- Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, team player
- Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership
- Experience working with the campus newspaper
Sub-BusinessCampus Programs Interns
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.