Richelieu is a North American market leader in the distribution, importation, and manufacturing of specialty hardware and complementary products for the kitchen and bath, closet, home office, and commercial environments. Our clients include cabinetmakers, furniture and kitchen manufacturers, kitchen and bath dealers, contractors, designers, architects, and renovation superstore chains. With over 125,000 product offerings, 70 distribution centers, and a state of the art field force that passionately serves its customers, Richelieu continues to stand in the forefront of a dynamic and ever changing industry.
We are currently seeking a Territory Sales Representative - Surfacing Specialist to take responsibility for growing our Southwest Florida sales region.
Being a member of the Richelieu team means that you are part of something bigger than just yourself. As a growing and winning international organization that places emphasis on its people and culture, its career development opportunities, and the realization that healthy living is in part achieved by the proper balance of work and home, we are excited to be a company that our employees are passionate about! More can be found out about us at Richelieu.com as well as Richelieu YouTube.
As a critical and meaningful role within the Richelieu organization, the Surfacing Specialist is responsible for the overall relationship and management of day-to-day solution-based sales activities towards cabinet makers, commercial millworkers, kitchen manufacturers, kitchen and bath dealers, architects, and designers in his/her provided territory. You will successfully manage the sales of Richelieu surfacing product solutions through structured consultative sales discussions, ultimately serving as a business advisor towards your customers. By positioning yourself as an indispensable resource, you will enable your customers to solve problems and increase business results. In turn, you will be building a thriving business of your own.
- Work in tandem with Richelieu's Industrial Sales Representatives and Specification Representatives to schedule and hold face-to-face consultations with existing customers, learning about their business and how Richelieu surfacing product solutions can enhance their results
- Maintain accountability for the growth of your provided territory, both through new client acquisition as well as the development of existing relationships
- Identify and analyze past buying patterns of current accounts, and brainstorm ways to become their stronger, more inclusive supplier
- Provide a state of the art customer service experience, positioning yourself as their desired one-stop-shop
- Educate yourself on, and continuously stay up to date with, Richelieu’s surfacing product offerings as well as ever-changing market conditions and competitive analysis
- Hold responsibility for system information and reporting in CRM application
- 5+ years of successful consultative sales experience from within the Building Materials industry
- A background in the Surfaces industry (i.e. plywood, melamines, laminates, solid surface, premium panels/boards, decorative surfaces, etc.) or Design is an advantage
- Passionate, proactive, coachable, strong work ethic
- Ability to schedule and manage your own time, delivering on the activities that produce results
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Developed analytical, planning, organizing, and monitoring abilities
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software an asset
- University degree
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive market-based salary plus commission and bonus
- Monthly car allowance and covered fuel
- Business expense reimbursement
- Group insurance program (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, etc.)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Company phone
- Paid vacation
If this opportunity is suited for your background/experience, we look forward to hearing from you! Please apply by clicking HERE.