Justice Administrative Commission
STATE ATTORNEY'S OFFICE, 4TH CIRCUIT-COMMUNICATIONS/ PR COORDINATOR - 21006496
Posting Closing Date:
Office of the State Attorney, Fourth Judicial Circuit.
To Apply, either complete the online application process through the State of Florida job site or the online application via our website: http://www.sao4th.com.
Communications/Public Relations Coordinator
The Communications/Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the State Attorney Oﬃce's website and social media accounts. The Coordinator is responsible for creating content and engaging social media followers to help increase the level of interaction between the Oﬃce, the public, and members of the press. The Coordinator may be responsible for answering public records requests and general requests for information from members of the media.
- Manage the day-to-day operations and engagement of the State Attorney Office's (SAO) social media channels and website
- Assist Communications/Public Relations Director in coordinating on-camera interviews with SAO staﬀ as needed
- Manage and archive the digital assets of the SAO (e.g., photos, video, graphics)
- Ensure a positive working relationship with members of the media, to include ensuring that their public records requests are promptly and professionally fulﬁlled
- Monitor press reporting and social media for breaking news events and report those to management and/or request corrections, if necessary
- Develop, produce, and create external marketing materials, photos, and videos
- Create briefs for the State Attorney and others when needed for appearances or events
- Prepare news releases, op-ed, original stories and statements regarding SAO activities as needed
Education and Qualiﬁcation Requirements:
- Knowledge of Chapter 119, Florida Statutes, and appropriate public records exemptions
- Assist with internal strategic communication
- Maintain a social media strategy calendar and the SAO's website
- Take photographs of events and personnel
- Record and produce video clips
- Assist with agency press conferences
- Attend staﬀ meetings and community events as needed
Salary & Benefits:
- Four (4) year degree and at least two years' experience in the ﬁeld of journalism, marketing, public relations, mass communications, television production, or a related ﬁeld.
- In-depth knowledge of mainstream social media channels (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) across all desktop and mobile platforms
- Type at least 25 WPM accurately
- Excellent written and verbal communications as well as organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of desktop and mobile computing devices
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML / CSS and/or Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Starting salary for the Communications/Public Relations Coordinator is $30,000 per year
- Excellent benefit package including health, dental, life and disability insurance; retirement plans; annual/sick leave and paid holidays and direct deposit
- The State Attorney's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job functions are primarily performed Monday to Friday; however, a ﬂexible work schedule may be required to accommodate the needs of the community and the organization. Due to the 24-hour nature of the press and social media, some remote work on nights and weekends may be required.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.