The individual assigned to this position is responsible for the safe, environmentally compliant, and effective operation of the Alliance Energy power projects and associated marketing activities as designated by the VP of Operations and New development.
- Provide leadership, coordination, direction and oversight of management/supervisory personal assigned to Alliance owned power generation facilities and marketing organizations.
- Review, analyze, plan, coordinate, and lead all activities within the Operations Department.
- Ensure plant availability and execution of operating and maintenance schedules in conjunction with Plant Managers and the Regional Engineer.
- Plan and implement strategies and action plans to insure that the operations group supports strategic imperatives by developing and coordinating systems and programs to promote cost effective operations in line with corporate plans and objectives.
- Improve manpower utilization within existing facilities and processes.
- Establish goals to provide continual improvement in operational productivity and quality.
- Facilitate operational and process engineering changes as necessary to improve site profitability, coordinating effective processes throughout the organization.
- Provide oversight to foster an environment that encourages employee involvement.
- Provide oversight to meet safety, quality and financial targets.
- Coordinate fulfillment of Alliance's obligations to its contract counterparties and the energy markets.
- Assure gas and electricity marketing processes are optimized to provide a benefit to business goals and objectives.
- Oversee the environmental control programs for issues relating to compliance, ensuring maintenance of high professional standards for environmental compliance.
- Assist in the development and execution of company annual business plans.
- Ensure compliance with all company standards, practices and policies.
- Oversee the administration of all computerized databases, file systems, and reporting systems for the collection and processing of plant production data.
- Reports directly to the VP of Operations and New Development
- A Bachelor's degree in a business or engineering discipline or equivalent.
- A minimum of 15 years experience in the hydro electric, steam and/or electric power plant operations.
- A minimum of 5 years management experience.
- Extensive experience in the use of personal computers.
- Ability to act as the Company liaison for public relations and regulatory issues.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Ability to direct and coordinate the activities of multiple projects.
- Ability to understand complex issues as they relate to plant operations.
- Ability to work extended hours, if and when required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year