Job Title: Medical Records Analyst
Job Function: Organize, annotate and compile information from medical and other records
Location: Cleveland, OH
Date: July 2019
Job description: About Casentric, LLC : Casentric is a Cleveland, Ohio-based company that has developed CaseXpert®, an innovative cloud-based software application that helps insurance companies more accurately evaluate bodily injury claims that are brought against their own clients and negotiate better financial settlements with injured parties and their representatives. We’ve been around since 2010 and have offered CaseXpert® commercially for several years. We established a new service in 2018 to provide claim tracking, medical document review, and claim preparation services for our customers. The response from customers has been overwhelmingly positive. We’re interested in hiring 1-2 additional individuals to staff the new service. If you think that you’ve got the right skills for these positions, we’d love to hear from you!
Position Summary The Medical Records Analyst is responsible for supporting internal processes of Casentric. The Medical Records Analyst will be responsible for reviewing, highlighting and annotating medical records and related documentation that we receive from our clients. The Medical Records Analyst will:
- organize documents in Casentric’s document management system
- review, identify and understand injury assessments and treatment prescribed by physicians, chiropractors and other medical professionals
- identify and understand medical and other treatments
- mark and annotate records to provide observations relative to the assessments and treatment
- map information from medical and other records to arguments about the nature and extent of injury and treatment
- compare the cost of services rendered to amounts typically paid for these services
- work with other team members to ensure proper transfer of information and observations into our proprietary software application and communication with customer
Essential Job Functions
- 80%—Review, mark and document observations related to injury assessments and medical, chiropractic and other prescribed treatment. Identify arguments for which support exists in records. Apply procedures to ensure consistency, completeness and quality of work.
- 10%—Collaborate with Casentric staff to ensure that your observations are communicated correctly for application in Casentric’s process and our clients’ use. Respond to follow up questions or requests.
- 10%—Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Normal office conditions
- Initial training to take place at Casentric’s office for a minimum of first 30 days. After that point, specialists are eligible to work remotely from home provided appropriate level of mastery is demonstrated.
- No travel required other than within the Cleveland, OH area
- Medical coding experience is most helpful for this role and strongly preferred, though other experience is valued, e.g., emergency room experience
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in reviewing and understanding injury diagnoses, treatments (medical, chiropractor, physical therapy, etc.), and treatment assessments
- Competent reading, writing and oral communication skills are strongly preferred
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- College or associate degree, and/or medical coder certification and experience required
- Must reside within commuting distance to the company and provide own transportation to our office for training and company meetings
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Ability to read technical documentation
- Experience and/or training reviewing and gleaning information from medical documents
- Passion for reading medical and other records, ability to focus on detail and connect all of the pieces of information to understand the big picture
- Strong attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity with an analytical mind that is used to investigate and seek solutions to questions that arise during the course of records analysis
- Collaborative team player
- Organized with the ability to multitask
- Adaptable/flexible personality
Casentric will provide training on the software applications we use, as well as the methodology we apply for examining medical records and documentation.
Casentric’s Core Values and Key Cultural Behaviors
- We take a fresh approach to a well-established industry
- We bring critical, new thinking to the evaluation and resolution of bodily injury claims
- We possess deep domain knowledge on injury claims and the industry’s approaches to injury claims
- We are transparent with our customers and readily share our knowledge and perspectives with our clients and prospects
- We deliver unmatched results and exceed client expectations
- We understand the issues faced by our customers and offer solutions tailored to meet their realities
- We constantly iterate to improve our products and serve our customers’ needs
- We take good ideas from anywhere to supplement our own
- We listen to our customers to achieve our long-term mission
- Deliver innovative, on-time solutions that address their problems
- Deliver on commitments each and every time
- We’re accountable to each other
- Treat one another with respect
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. The requirements listed above are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job according to specific company requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time and/or part-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $31,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
Overtime often available:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: