Responsible for providing the services necessary for the safe and cost effective execution of the occupational health and wellness programs.
1. Maintains understanding and knowledge of Occupational Health protocols and determines appropriate implementation of protocol.
2. Evaluates all patients presenting to OHS, determines triage level/needs and provides appropriate care.
3. Provides formal and informal education to hospital employees and staff and supports wellness and health promotions.
4. Demonstrates increasing knowledge and skill in occupational health and illness and injury evaluation.
5. Supports the infection control program.
6. Supports the Workers Compensation Program and assists with employees back to work after non- occupational and occupational injury and illness.
7. Supports employee safety programming.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Registered Nurse, graduate of recognized accredited school of nursing.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three (3) years clinical hospital- based experience.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current GA State RN Licensure
Preferred experience in Occupational Health, ER, ICU or CCU. Computer Proficiency preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
- Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.