Relax... Join the Founders Family!
Founders Federal Credit Union helps our members attain their financial goals. Our innovative services, convenient locations, and friendly employees are dedicated to our members and their financial future. Consistently recognized as one of the largest and most innovative credit unions in the nation, Founders serves more than 221,000 members with more than 30 locations across two states.
Founders Federal Credit Union is strongly committed to providing the highest level of quality service to our members. We realize our outstanding, dedicated employees make it all happen. We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our strong organization as a Mortgage Loan Officer in Fort Mill, SC. The Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for proactively soliciting and originating new residential mortgage loans to meet established loan quality and production goals.
The Mortgage Loan Officer will conduct interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine financing objectives, discuss with borrowers product/pricing guidelines, and gather any additional required information
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Must be eligible for registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator in compliance with the SAFE Act.
- Manage appointments with borrowers for mortgage loan requests as well as online and telephone mortgage loan requests.
- Ensure exceptional member experience by providing on-going communication to applicants as necessary during various stages of the loan process.
- Prepare mortgage loan applications including required supporting documentation for submission to underwriting.
- Must have strict adherence to all state and federal statutes and regulations relating to Credit Unions, National Credit Union Association Rules and Regulations, FFCU Loan Policy and Procedures, and all other Regulations related to lending.
- Work closely with the mortgage processors to ensure follow up and prompt member service.
- Establish and maintain relationships with branch personnel, realtors, builders and developers as a lending source for their referrals.
- Must have a working knowledge of all lending products and services provided by Founders Federal and a strong commitment to cross selling those products and services.
- Must maintain integrity with all member sensitive data.
- Ensure compliance with applicable statutes and regulations including, but not limited to, BSA.
- All other duties as assigned.
The Mortgage Loan Officer must have a minimum of five years' mortgage experience within a financial institution.
Additional requirements include:
- A self starter with strong attention to detail and follow up.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- A Bachelors Degree in a related field is desirable.
- Mortgage underwriting experience is preferred.
As the Mortgage Loan Officer, you will receive a competitive income and comprehensive benefits package as well as the opportunity to earn additional monthly incentive based on performance.
Benefits provided include the following:
- 10 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Vacation
- Family-oriented culture that values work/life balance
- Retirement Plan (401k with employer contributions + Pension Plan fully funded by FFCU)
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (at no cost to employee)
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance coverage for employee, spouse, and children
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Long Term Care Plan
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement to assist with furthering education
- Certifications - Assistance with achieving and maintaining
- Fit Founders Wellness Program
A pre-employment criminal background check, drug screen, consumer credit investigation, and previous employer reference check will be required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mortgage: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift