ABOUT: GERARD DAREL
Founded in 1971 by Gerard and Daniele Darel, the company runs its wholesale and retail business headquarters in Paris, France. The charm and essence of Gerard Darel lies in the timeless top-quality women’s wear and accessories collections. Products are seamlessly incorporated into the lives and wardrobe of elegant modern women. Darel’s designs accent a woman’s independence, strength and personal style, rather than dictating them. Designed for morning to night, the clothes embody a vibrant modern lifestyle, they are beautiful, easy to wear and lend themselves to versatility.
We are seeking an experienced full-time Shop Manager for newly opened GERARD DAREL location within Bloomingdale’s – Roosevelt Field, NY.
A Shop Manager is self-motivated, fast-paced, a multi-tasker, and goal oriented. Candidate must demonstrate strong attention to detail, organization, and are reliable and efficient. Above all, our team truly enjoys the whole retail experience and love what they do!
The Shop Manager provides leadership including setting clear expectations and holding the team, and self, accountable for results.
- As a GERARD DAREL Shop Manager, you will always satisfy your customers’ needs to feel good about themselves
- Will meet customer service standards and expectations
Coaching & Development:
- Will train staff utilizing training schedules and resources provided by the company.
- Will be responsible for scheduling the GERARD DAREL Staff. Will ensure the shop is staffed during all operating hours.
- Manage & Track Daily, Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Sales
- Provide Training and Product Knowledge to the Staff based on GERARD DAREL Guidelines and Standards. Monthly progress report required
- Responsible to sell GERARD DAREL and set exemplary customer service standards through example (from greeting the client upon entry to the completion of transaction)
- Meeting and Exceeding monthly shop goals: Store Manager to divide & provide team with individual goals
- Will use company resources for self-development
- Will encourage Associates to build the GERARD DAREL Client Book (bConnected) and Utilize for success.
- Will have a passion to be the best, to see employees succeed, to care for the merchandise and for delighting customers.
- Will check merchandise on a regular basis and communicate any needs
- Will accept and organize the new collection, and transfer inventory out of store when necessary
- Will comply with in-store marketing plan to maximize sales opportunities
- Will ensure store is inviting to customers by following all visual standards, housekeeping, and maintenance
- New inventory/collection arrivals. Boxes must be immediately opened, inventory checked off, hung, placed on selling floor and back stocked.
- The floor should never look overstocked or too light. 2-3 Units per style on selling floor.
- Must maintain a neat visual appearance of the selling floor; updating the shop per Gerard Darel Standards and Guidelines. A Merchandising Directive with updated Visual Guidelines is provided.
- Ensuring the collection is presented appropriately to reflect the image of Gerard Darel. All units must be steamed before presenting on the selling floor.
- Will enforce all GERARD DAREL standards and company policies
- Will be aware of market trends, customer profiles, demographics
- Will conduct morning meetings, seminars, etc with associates
- Will create awareness and react to possible internal/external losses
- Attracts and hires staff when necessary
- Partners with in-store Bloomingdale’s Management when necessary
- Develops and manages performance of the team
- Personally supports, coaches and develops team members, creating an environment where our associates can be successful
- Minimum of 4 years of management experience in a luxury retail environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, POS systems, and possess excellent and clear communication skills.
- Capability to move objects (up to 50 pounds) while working on the selling floor and backroom.
- Ability to work flexible hours including morning, mid, evening and weekend shifts. (FULL TIME - NO SCHEDULE RESTRICTIONS).
A Shop Manager forms and maintains professional relationships with peers, executives and clients. A Gerard Darel Shop Manager is flexible to the varying requirements of the business and complies with the Gerard Darel standards, procedures and policies.
Please only apply if you meet requirements and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail: 4 years (Preferred)
- Management: 4 years (Preferred)