Scaletta Armoring is seeking a highly-skilled, motivated and experienced Production Manager to join our armored vehicle manufacturing team in Bedford Park, IL.
This role will plan, organize and supervise production. The Production Manager must ensure products are manufactured efficiently, on time, cost effectively and meet the Company’s high-quality standards. In addition, this person will be responsible for maintaining a safe, clean and organized work environment.
- Lead, supervise, and monitor safety, quality and efficiency
- Supervise production personnel
- Maintain a strong/active presence on the plant floor, both to confirm people are at work on tasks assigned and to support supply or other requests as needed
- Coordinate production, equipment, personnel, and material in collaboration with Material Movement Team
- Schedule production activities and supervise the production process
- Work with management to effectively solve production problems
- Drive and deliver high quality products on every job
- Ensure equipment/machinery is properly maintained
- Reduce Production Costs and Drive Efficiency
- Ensure all processes remain compliant with OSHA and other governmental regulations
- Communicate to employees that safety is top priority for the Company
- Ensure all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized production area
- Opening and closing the building
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a production management role in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in metals or automotive preferred.
- Previous experience being responsible for the safety, quality, production, cost, people management and maintenance of a production unit.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Solid Computer skills
- Ability to work efficiently under tight timelines and achieve results, while maintaining high quality
*U.S. SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS*
As a condition of employment, all new employees must obtain a U.S. Security Clearance. Clearances are available to native-born and naturalized US Citizens. Most applicants don't already have a clearance: to apply at Scaletta, you just need to qualify for a clearance. Scaletta will sponsor your clearance application.
Scaletta Armoring is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bedford Park, IL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
- Production Managemnt: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person