Point2Point is seeking a flex, part time security officer in Elkridge, MD.
Fast paced, high profile distribution/transportation setting and supply chain. Move in and out and around trucks. Follow fire and life safety procedures, monitor CCTV, metal detector, hand wands. Learn transportation security concepts, C-TPAT, crime prevention/deflection, plant safety, protection of high value parts and cargo, employee theft and collusion, terror awareness.
Security Officers act as a visible deterrent to crime, detecting suspicious activities, watching for criminal acts and calling local authorities to respond when necessary. Officers primary responsibility is to protect client sites, employees, guests and property
Description of Duties:
- Ensure the premises is provided with high quality security service in order to provide protection for people and property.
- Report any safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally, along with written reports.
- Patrolling the facility on foot or in a vehicle. Driving positions require getting in/out of a car up to 25+ times an hour and may require sitting in a car for extended periods of time from 1 hour up to 12 hours.
- Answer phones, monitor closed circuit television (CCTV) systems and alarms.
- Greet all guests and employees in a cheerful and welcoming manner.
The physical and mental requirements of this job, which may be performed with or without accommodation may include:
- Seeing, hearing, speaking (in English), reading and writing (in English) clearly.
- Reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking on uneven terrain or up inclines indoors or outdoors and in inclement weather conditions.
- Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 40 pounds.
The above job description is subject to change. The Security Officer may be asked and expected to temporarily perform duties outside of the job description. circuit television (CCTV) systems and alarms.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience in security, military or law enforcement
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet all applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers and Drivers (if applicable).
- Must have valid, current driver’s license
- Must pass background check and drug screening
- Understanding of basic security operations and applications
- Maintain a neat a professional appearance at all times
- Excellent Customer Service & Communication Skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Officer will work in a high paced, high profile distribution/transportation setting and supply chain. They will be moving in, out and around truck traffic as a gate officer. They will follow fire and life safety procedures, monitor CCTV and metal detector, also use of hand wands. Officer will learn the transportation security concepts, C-TPAT, crime prevention/deflection, plant safety, protection of high value parts and cargo, employee theft and collusion, terror awareness/threat mitigation and to be in Best Buy and government compliance. Supervisory responsibilities include Scheduling, payroll, training, frequent client interaction, and maintaining Point 2 Point quality expectations.