Tech Transition Programs - Engineering Project Lead:
Responsible for the planning and execution of engineering scope for the MPF program. Position requires management of project cost, schedule and technical performance requirements, to include but not limited to the following activities:
- Possess, understand and apply the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of project management to plan and execute scope
- Create project plans and schedules
- Lead project and technical teams
- Manage project within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety
- Prepare engineering bids as required
- Provide support to other functional organizations (PM, SCM, Manufacturing, Finance, etc) as necessary to ensure successful project completion
- Forecast all required engineering manpower
- Coordinate and support the development of corrective action activities with respect to project milestones, data deliverables and manpower resources
- Identify critical issues requiring action in a timely manner and manage to closure
- Develop and present executive level summaries
- Utilize established metrics for monitoring project performance
- Report out plans and status of corrective actions to leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or Computer Engineering preferred. Other technical degrees will be considered with relevant experience. Advanced/additional degree in Business Administration a plus.
- 14+ years relevant experience in engineering preferred. Experience in Defense /Aerospace industry a plus
- Demonstrated project engineering experience overseeing complex technical projects
- Proven experience in technical interface with customers and ability to lead multi functional teams
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and presentation
- Organizational capabilities to direct and lead others in a team based environment
- Analytical skills and ability to direct and consult on technical analyses
- Must be willing to travel as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with adequate computer skills to manage the development of presentations and other methods of media display
- Knowledge of business finances, Earned Value Management System (EVMS), scheduling tools, and critical path analysis a plus
- Significant experience with US Government programs a plus.
- Knowledge of GDLS products, processes, and capabilities a plus
Must be able to obtain a US Security Clearance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.