Our client, one of the fastest growing Fortune 50 companies in the world that is located in the greater Cincinnati is currently in search for a Senior Automation Process Engineer to join their team and work on cutting edge development for automated distribution centers. This person will be one of the only people in the world that will be trained and help with developing the automation and controls systems for new state of the art distribution centers that will be built across the US in the next three years. This person will lead the operational optimization process for an automated distribution center with a focus on continuous improvement, process engineering and maximizing throughput in collaboration with operations management and automation solutions providers. Demonstrate the companys core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety. Ideal candidate will be a high potential engineer with a background in automated controls and automation systems that is looking to move into a Director role within 3 to 4 years. The position will be working with the corporate executive team and directors and will be highly visible with the corporate team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide process engineering support for an automated distribution center
- Analyze operational processes/equipment, complete root cause analyses and drive procedures to ensure equipment reliability and process stability
- Improve the technical and operational capabilities of operations teams in order to achieve business goals
- Identify/implement cost reduction improvements for both new and existing equipment/processes
- Define, specify and communicate expectations for quality and throughput outcomes to operational teams
- Ensure engineering solutions meet requirements for safety, cost, time, quality and throughput expectations
- Assess risks/issues and make decisions with a sense of urgency
- Use formal problem-solving techniques to identify/resolve complex problems
- Identify and develop strategic initiatives and capital projects that enhance supply chain processes to meet growth and customer service objectives
- Develop project components, including scope definition, sponsorship, timelines, vendor relationships, cross functional department coordination and comprehensive return on investment (ROI) analyses
- Actively seek and evaluate vendor qualifications through collaborations on project opportunities
- Research, evaluate, justify and recommend capital improvements and upgrades
- Set technical standards for safety, quality, maintenance, operating manuals and training programs in collaboration with the operational and corporate automation teams
- Ensure all projects include risk analysis and contingency planning details to maintain services levels in the event of planned/unplanned interruptions or delays
- Knowledge and basics skills in Lean Manufacturing and Project Management
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage and direct Automation Process Engineers
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Some of the Leadership Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers expectations, gains customers trust and respect.
- Communicates Effectively and Candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, is approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves Results Through Teamwork Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads Through Positive Influence Demonstrates strong character, builds partnerships, models a conscious balance between work and personal life, takes personal responsibility for own development, role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and Develops Others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads Change and Innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with Excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides Clear and Strategic Direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- Bachelors degree in engineering or 10 years of experience in process improvement/operational excellence project roles within the manufacturing and/or distribution sector
- Proficient skills and knowledge of lean manufacturing and project management processes
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects/assignments
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to foster positive working relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong technical background with advanced analytical and investigation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency and applicable training in statistical problem solving methodologies and statistical process control
- Experience successfully implementing continuous improvement programs using advanced techniques
- Masters degree
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to manager-level associates to achieve corporate goals
- 10 years of Operations experience in automation systems environments
- Six Sigma Green or Black belt certification
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.