Our client, a premier cannabis company with a number of popular products, is seeking an experienced Plant Manager. This personwill coordinate and run all day-to-day activities at the manufacturing facility, including overseeing staffing, inventory, production, and operations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and develop the production team by conducting regularly scheduled meetings, timely performance reviews and effectively resolving performance issues and celebrate team members through recognition
- Work closely with the Inventory Control Manager to implement and oversee production schedules, work instructions, and production inventories
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing operations including product assembly and manufacturing, final inspection, and warehousing to ensure products are delivered on-time and meet specifications
- Establish new and maintain existing KPIs to meet quality and cost standards
- Establish plans, budgets, and KPIs, allocate resources; review progress and make mid-course corrections
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of operations including, cost, throughput, safety, security, and quality
- Develop and improve personnel through effective hiring, training, performance evaluations, and discipline as needed
- Develop staff and help them expand their capabilities to work independently and take on new challenges and tasks
- Maintain positive employee relationships and communications with the workforce to support a work culture of high employee engagement
- Assist the Inventory Control Manager in formulating and executing production schedules
- Understand and provide leadership support for a high-end safety and secure environment
- Assess equipment operating reliability and perform routine repairs, adjustments, and malfunction troubleshooting
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Degree is required
- Minimum of 6-10 years of relevant operations experience in a food manufacturing setting required
- Must have previous work experience managing a manufacturing process, materials and production control
- GFSI certification is desired
- Experience in cannabis is ideal!
$130k-$140k plus commission and benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. ind-124