At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
The Analytics & Reporting Manager will be responsible for advanced analysis of various data sets and for delivering actionable, data-driven insights to inform critical decisions and drive desired outcomes for the Marketing team and broader organization. Analyses performed by this individual will contribute to both customer acquisition and retention strategies, and be utilized in reporting to the Executive team and the Board of Directors. This is a highly visible role and will require frequent collaboration with Marketing leadership, while reporting to the AVP of Marketing Analytics.
This position is ideal for someone who is ambitious, enjoys problem-solving and operates effectively, whether working independently or in collaborative settings. The candidate should be excited to work among a fun team, which has diverse experience and skills, and to tangibly impact the customer experience.
Our lean organizational structure allows unparalleled opportunities to work on critical issues, drive meaningful change, and create an impact from the start. It will also enable the Manager to tackle varied challenges, build a diverse skill set and gain a holistic understanding of our business and its customers.
Successful candidates will be afforded opportunities for advancement within the organization and earn highly competitive compensation that reflects Jackson Hewitt’s commitment to developing talent.
Key responsibilities of the position are listed below:
- Identify key data / metrics from several sources to help optimize the marketing funnel from awareness to conversion
- Track key performance indicators, monitor trends, and manage comprehensive reporting
- Develop enhanced reporting tools and dashboards to enable near-real-time analysis and decision-making
- Measure the effectiveness and ROI of cross-channel marketing efforts (digital and offline) and assist in tailoring channel strategies
- Analyze customer and financial data to identify patterns and trends; use these insights to help develop actionable strategies to increase awareness through conversion
- Explore new methods and approaches to optimize marketing performance, including lifetime value of customers, customer segmentation, predictive modeling, retention scoring, etc.
- Collaborate with multiple departments (Products, Technology, Finance, Accounting) to manage analytics/data projects
Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing or a quantitative field (e.g., statistics, economics, engineering)
- Master’s Degree in a similar field is a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in a marketing/digital analytics capacity in a dynamic, fast-paced environment preferred
- Retail or B2C experience preferred
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Understanding of online marketing tools and various media channels (search, social, display, email); understanding of CRM and related tools is a plus
- High degree of comfort with quantitative modeling, scenario analysis, working with large volumes of unstructured data, and building analyses from scratch
- Proficiency in SQL preferred; demonstrated experience in other tools is a plus (e.g. SAS, R, Python, Stata, etc.)
- Experience with Qlik / QlikView is a bonus
- Experience working with executive leadership and cross-departmental stakeholders
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.