At Powers, we specialize in helping our customers with any HVAC project or problem they have. We do this by providing the right equipment for the right application, setting it up to maximize both comfort and efficiency, making sure everything is operating the way it’s supposed to, and servicing all major HVAC equipment and controls. This is how we create customers for life!
We are currently looking for the right person to join our Powers Mechanical Service Team in NWA.
If you are a team player, customer focused with HVAC controls experience, and ready to join an Award-Winning Company, we would love to hear from you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Understands and has mastered the refrigeration cycles to include: identifying components in advanced refrigeration circuits, understanding how each component works, diagnosing and correcting problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and troubleshooting
· Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation, and charging, understands the installation and sizing of refrigerant piping
· Understands and has mastered the heating cycle to include identifying components in heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot and repair.
· Understands and has mastered electron theory, how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single phase and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits. Ability to read advanced wiring diagrams. Knowledge of Ohms Law. Ability to use multi-meters to read voltage, current and resistance values. Must be able to troubleshoot advanced electrical circuits.
· Understands and has mastered the fundamentals of temperature and humidity measurement and the dehumidification process in air conditioning units. Understands the process of treating air so as to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, cleanliness and distribution. Ability to use a psychometric chart to determine the results of mixing air having various properties.
· Understands and has mastered all types of HVAC systems and how each component within the system operates in conjunction with the other components and how that impacts the overall operations of the system as a whole. These systems include but are not limited to air cooled, water cooled, hot water systems, chilled water systems, VAV systems, steam heating systems and building automation control systems.
· Troubleshoot, repair, and make modifications to HVAC Systems as directed
· Able to read electrical schematics and mechanical blueprints
· Ability to run copper piping and PVC
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Order and maintain parts needed to repair and maintain HVAC Equipment
· Adhere to all city, state, and federal regulatory statues
· Maintain maintenance records as required by City, State, and EPA regulations
· Properly maintain and safeguard District assets
· Able to manage relationships with all major vendor accounts is a high priority
· Analyze, plan, and perform Preventive Maintenance of HVAC System throughout the District
· Ability to organize work and meet deadlines is critical
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adequately write routine reports and correspondence
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unit of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
· Knowledge of Advanced heat load/loss calculations
· Knowledge of Advanced cooling load calculations.
· EPA Universal Certification
· HVAC Certification
· 5-10 years of experience as an HVAC Technician with at least 5 years in a commercial environment
· Basic knowledge of Windows operating systems
With these attributes:
· Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
· Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
· Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type
· Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others
· Loyal - The trait of feeling a duty to the employer
· Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy
· Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct
· Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety
Ability to lift and/or carry moderate weight (15-50 pounds), sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, reach, repetitive hand motions, hear, speak, some travel within the District and occasionally outside the District/county, may experience prolonged and irregular work hours, and work with frequent interruptions
Job Type: Full-time
- service technician: 5 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Only full-time employees eligible