*FOR APPLICATIONS TO BE CONSIDERED, THEY MUST INCLUDE A RESUME AND A COVER LETTER WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Executive Director Job Opening
Meals on Wheels of Cheyenne, Inc.
The mission of Meals on Wheels of Cheyenne, Inc. is to provide nutritious meals to the elderly, disabled, ill and frail persons in the Cheyenne community in order to allow them to remain in their homes in a dignified manner. Meals on Wheels of Cheyenne, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, seeks a full-time, talented, self-starter to serve as the organization’s Executive Director.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION: The Executive Director provides leadership to the Meals on Wheels program and oversees the management of the organization’s operations, and is accountable to and under the direct supervision of the Board of Directors. The Executive Director represents Meals on Wheels to the community, including business, civic, and other non-profit organizations; is an integral participant in Board meetings; leads the employee team; oversees daily operations; generates all organization funds from a variety of sources; leads organization marketing initiatives; serves as the organization’s community presence; develops annual budgets; and maintains accurate, transparent financial records. The Executive Director researches grant opportunities and pursues opportunities through written proposals and verbal presentations.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: Areas of responsibility may fluctuate or change, other duties may be assigned depending on the needs of the organization. Specific duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Development, implementation and review of organization programs and procedures and quality standards in conjunction with the Board of Directors
- Administration of organization as set forth in the mission statement, strategic plan and written policies and procedures
- Leadership and supervision of oversight of staff
- Maintain cooperative relationship with Laramie County Senior Services in regard to both programming and physical facilities
- Keep abreast of current trends, statistics and information relevant to the organization
Board of Directors
- Communicate with Board on a regular basis to report and provide updates on programs, funding status, staff concerns, all risk/opportunities and other related responsibilities
- Maintain relationships with and provide guidance to the Board of Directors and Board Committees
- Participate in Board and Board Committee meetings as requested by the Board
- Keep Board informed of all aspects of organization operations
- Manage all projects assigned by the Board
- Responsible for the overall funding for organization, including all streams of revenue including client fees, grants, contributions and fundraising
- Develop organization budget, present to Finance Committee & Board for approval. Administer and monitor the budget & report to the Board monthly
- Research all appropriate prospective foundation and corporate funders, develop relationships with them, write proposals, ensure funding and comply with reporting requirements for funding entities
- Negotiate, maintain and ensure compliance with all contracts
- Responsible for development and oversight of all appeals to donors, including requests, data management and donor acknowledgement
- In conjunction with the Board, facilitate and ensure completion of annual audit
Staff and Volunteers
- Oversee staff and volunteer recruitment, selection, orientation, training, evaluation, termination, compensation and performance management
- Delegate areas of responsibility and authority as needed and ensure close supervision of such delegation
- Provide back-up services, if needed, for all positions in the absence of designated staff and/or when staffing patterns dictate
- Ensure the appropriate use, care and maintenance of facilities by staff, clients and volunteers
- Perform other work related duties as required by the Board of Directors or Organization needs
Community Outreach and Donor Relations
- Represent the organization in a professional manner as a community speaker, media liaison, community organizations trainer and representative to various community agencies and committees
- Actively reach out to and engage with donors in the community
- Network effectively with other agencies and government officials in Cheyenne, Laramie County and throughout the state of Wyoming
- Passion for senior support services and the Meals on Wheels mission
- Bachelor s degree
- 2+ years experience in fundraising, nonprofit management, and marketing
- 2+ years supervisory and office management experience
- Strong knowledge of budgeting and nonprofit accounting best practices
- Excellent human relations and communications skills
- Strong, persuasive writing skills
- Valid State of Wyoming Driver’s License, Automobile Insurance
- Pre-employment background check required
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
TO APPLY: Qualified applicants should submit an application, along with a cover letter including salary requirements and a current resume by October 31, 2019. Incomplete applications and those not including salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls.
Job Type: Full-time
- Non-profit: 2 years (Preferred)
- Supervisory or Management: 2 years (Preferred)