What is the opportunity?
The Global Investment Banking division is looking to add a Vice President within the US Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Group, based in New York City.
What will you do?
- Structure M&A transactions using bank, bond and bridge financing vehicles.
- Identify and pursue investment banking business opportunities in furtherance of agreed budgets and plans.
- Support senior bankers on transaction execution and new business origination;
- Oversee Associates and Analysts in development of pitch books and related client materials;
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functions promptly;
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities;
- Other such duties, responsibilities and authority as may be reasonably required.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA, MA or MS or equivalent with emphasis in finance/accounting;
- Minimum of 5 years of Investment Banking experience and a minimum of 3 years in the M&A sector;
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; strong knowledge of economics, finance and accounting;
- Solid understanding of all investment banking products including equity, debt, convertible securities and mergers and acquisitions;
- Highly motivated, committed and responsible, with a demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests;
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain relationships at all levels within the organization;
- High standards of professional and ethical conduct;
- FINRA Licenses - Series 63 & 79.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
200 Vesey Street
Required Travel (%):