Case management assistants work closely with case managers, assisting them with everyday duties that will make them more efficient and effective at their jobs. Case managers are responsible for helping people in challenging situations find the help that they need. This might include identifying the right community programs, treatment regimens, or public education resources to help with complex problems.
A case management assistant will work alongside the case manager as well as others in the field, such as social workers. Case management assistants will have varying responsibilities depending on the facility they work in and the team that they're employed on.
Regardless of the specifics of this job, case management assistants must have a passion for working with people. Strong people skills are invaluable in this position, as these professionals work closely with individuals in a variety of difficult situations. If you're interested in becoming a case management assistant, you should be extremely organized and punctual. You'll need outstanding attention to detail and the ability to multitask effectively to be successful in this support role.
- File management
- Verifying individuals' information
- Ensuring referral information is accurate
- Communicating with treatment or counseling programs
- Interviewing new clients
- Developing assistance plans in conjunction with case workers
- Reviewing client progress
- Evaluating the effectiveness of treatment plans in conjunction with supervising case or social workers
- Researching newly available treatment options
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1,850.42 - $3,766.91 per week
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Forest Hills, NY 11375: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location