- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in the field of Education, Human Resources, Human Services, Psychology, Marketing, Mass Communications, Social Work or minimum of three years training experience. Knowledge of OCDD, Waiver and State/Federal Training Requirements preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, Outlook)
- Current Louisiana Driver’s License
- Assist with preparing and administering various training programs.
- Coordinate training schedule with the hiring and training needs of the agency.
- Formulate teaching outline and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
- Select or develop teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
- Contact attendees and department representatives about training program.
- Schedule the appropriate classroom and prepares the physical setup.
- Conduct classroom and hands on training and instruction from one-to-one settings to large audiences.
- Test trainees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Report on progress of employees under guidance during training periods.
- Assist employees with problems concerning “how to” perform specific tasks related to their position.
- Train instructors and supervisors in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees.
- Develop strong relationship with all departments to develop course materials and receive feedback.
- Coordinate training with other agencies to utilize optimum expertise, and available space, throughout the region.
- Directly provide and/or arrange for training during the week, weekends and at night in order to train employees in outlying areas and at times when they are available.
- Travel throughout the region to train agency staff when and where necessary.
- Perform other duties as may be requested to meet agency needs.
Any interested applicants should apply Monday-Friday at the main office (100 WEST MAIN STREET, THIBODAUX, LA) between 8:00AM- 3:30PM with resume and a copy of your degree (if possible).
If you cannot make to the office, please submit your resume and a copy of your degree (if possible) through Indeed.
Deadline to Apply is August 24, 2018 at 3:30 pm.
Lafourche Arc fully supports and practices the principle of equal employment opportunity and strictly prohibits any form of unlawful discrimination.
Job Type: Full-time
- Training: 3 years (Required)