The field of biology research and development, including imaging science. Job Family - Biological Sciences: Performs biological discovery and development research within a major or significant therapeutic area or a sub-speciality (e.g. biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology). Job Family Group - Science and Technology: Designs and executes studies to discover, understand, model, simulate, and create new drug molecules. Researches target identification, target validation, drug interactions with targets or receptors, and assay development. Maintains knowledge of competitive market conditions, patient requirements and technology advances.
- Responsible for generating mechanistic hypotheses, developing strategies and technologies from rigorous design to implementation and data analyses.
- Focus on enhancing our understanding of the roles of cell-cell communication in the development and progression of diseases such as cancer
- Ph.D. Degree in Biological Sciences (ex. Cell Biology, Tumor Biology,).
- At least 3 yrs prior relevant academic or industry research experience in the intercellular communication setting.
- Must have a deep understanding of cell biology with an emphasis on cell-cell communication and oncology.
- Extensive hands on experience with human and animal cell culture, cell and organelle staining and confocal microscopy
- Record of publication in a top-tier peer reviewed journal(s).
- Excellent problem-solving skills including critical and analytical thinking.
- Demonstrated scientific writing skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and execute experiments, interpret data.
- Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, initiative, and integrity.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the immediate team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where needed
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Open to suggestions and experimentation to drive the science in the field of interest
- The candidate should be energetic and inspirational, with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate with peers in a team.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.