Performs a variety of registration, insurance verification, and billing duties in according to departmental policy and procedure.
1. Obtains necessary demographic and insurance information and enters data into department computer system.
2. Verifies insurance coverage and other related data with third party carriers using appropriate database retrieval systems.
3. Provides guidance and assistance to members and staff members with regard to insurance regulations.
4. Collects all monies due from patient at time of service.
5. Inputs charges, payments and adjustments into department computer system.
6. Maintains current knowledge of related insurance and managed care guidelines.
7. Participates in Quality Control/Performance Improvement activities related to member registration.
8. Performs other duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of two (2) year related registration experience in a healthcare setting, required.
- Working knowledge of PC applications, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.