- Ideaventions Academy is looking for either a full-time or part-time school English and Language Arts teacher that is high-energy, enthusiastic, creative, possesses a passion for working with gifted students. Features of a teaching position at Ideaventions Academy include:
- Enjoying small class sizes of motivated students (10 students or less)
- Excellent pay and benefits
- Flexibility, creativity, and ability to innovate in the classroom
- Knowledge and Expertise
- Teaching English and Language Arts for Grades 4 - 8.
- Able to teach grammar, writing (sentences to paragraphs to academic essays), reading comprehension, and literature analysis.
- Experience with language arts programs such as Michael Clay Thompson and problem or project-based learning is preferred.
- Plan, organize, and deliver effective and dynamic learning experiences
- Create a positive, rigorous, and engaging learning environment
- Prepare lesson plans and organize class time to include instruction, hands-on activities, demonstrations, and project-based learning.
- Design and implement formative and summative assessments in curriculum to ensure appropriate learning and adjust instruction accordingly.
- Integrate real-world learning, cross-curricular connections, and creativity into lessons and projects
- Utilize a variety of teaching techniques to the delivery of instruction in content areas
- Deliver appropriate accommodations, supports, and services as appropriate for students. Engage counselor and administrative staff as needed to support student learning.
- Support students outside of class during free periods and office hours, as needed
- Evaluate and track student academic and social growth, maintain appropriate records, prepare assessments, and participate in conferences.
- Actively plan, participate, and contribute in faculty meetings, individual professional development, open houses, field trips, extracurricular clubs and teams, and collaborative development activities to achieve organizational goals.
- Teach classes, supervise and interact with students, and participate in community activities that build our school community and help achieve our organizational goals.
- Train students in safety and continually monitor, improve, and enforce safety and organization, including proper use of equipment.
- Communicates positively and effectively with parents with a student focus.
- Serves as a positive role model in our school community:
- Exhibits character and respect, demonstrates a positive mental attitude, stays curious, learns new things, and models patience, flexibility, and persistence, as we expect that of our students.
- Continually strive for excellence in yourself, in our school, and in our students - and be joyful doing it!
- Master’s degree in relevant area of study or bachelor’s degree and equivalent real-world experience
- Experience with gifted children
- Excellent communications and problem solving skills
- Enjoys working with gifted, creative and intellectually curious children
Our faculty are physically moving and interacting with the students throughout the day, including playing outside and daily morning walks (rain or shine). Requires physical ability to move around the classroom and to move a variety of materials. As a condition of employment with Ideaventions Academy, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a criminal background investigation.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- teaching: 2 years (Required)
Overtime often available:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: