Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: San Bruno, CA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA
Social Marketers establish the foundation for integrating social into all Google user touch points - from advertising campaigns to event marketing to customer service - in a clear and consistent way. We collaborate cross-functionally with product marketing leads to help align earned awareness marketing with the product and business roadmap. You will use data-driven analysis and insights to improve campaign effectiveness and value to the business, as well as best in class online advertising solutions across Google’s key marketing initiatives.
In this role, you’ll live and breathe @YouTube, crafting and owning the social voice for one of the biggest and most followed brands in the world. You'll be an exceptional copywriter, working closely with a designer and an analyst to develop content which is insightfully conceived, nimbly developed and beautifully crafted. This will span everything from a day-to-day drumbeat of content which represents the best of our brand and celebrates the things that matter most to our audience, through to crisis response, product launches and content promotion.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems-from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can-changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Curate daily editorial content for @YouTube, showcasing videos which represent the best of our brand. Includes searching for and discovering relevant content, writing copy and collaborating with a designer to create posts across all the major platforms.
- Manage our community, listening out for and responding to conversation where @YouTube has an opportunity to be useful, charming or delightful. Consider the role of our social channels carefully in response to real world events, like breaking news or topics where the values we stand for as a brand are under threat. This could be anything from pointing users towards essential videos in the midst of a natural disaster, to supporting communities whose freedoms are at stake.
- Be an expert on trending topics and conversation. Analyze how our followers are responding to content and identify the things they really care about. Stay ahead of broader social media trends, such as memes, conversations, movements or formats, and consider the applicability to YouTube.
- Work with our analytics lead and agency on a measurement framework to be able to accurately define and track a healthy and engaged community, and converge what’s happening on Social with the business metrics. Identify trends within our community and across the social space, and have ideas on how to capitalize on them for our audience.
- Demonstrate to our audience that YouTube is platform they cannot live without, and in turn make @YouTube a must-follow account across all of the major platforms, growing our community in size and engagement.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 4 years of experience in marketing with a focus in branding and in-house social
- Experience managing the day-to-day social presence of major consumer brand, developing content and programing to bring its values and mission to life.
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends and present key findings (both quantitative and analytic skills) and then apply to future programs.
- Exceptional writing skills, with a strong editorial point of view for what is right for the YouTube brand and voice.
- Great project management and multitasking skills.
- Passionate about all things YouTube, hyper-knowledgeable about Internet culture, and an avid expert user of social media.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.