The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Conducts mission/program specific real time spacecraft/satellite flight/ground system operations during readiness, execution and evaluation phases. Develops detailed plans and procedures to provide maximum mission support in areas such as orbit dynamics, satellite performance analysis, command and control of on-orbit satellites. Provides technical direction for on orbit mission support, plans for critical malfunctions and recommends alternate operating techniques to continue maximum mission support. Provides failure analysis of the performance of the system. Utilizes system software to accomplish all tasks and recommends improvements. Analyzes and validates software performance. Requires successful completion of a certification program. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
24x7 Operational position requiring the selected candidate to work rotating shifts. TS/SCI required for this role.
Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelor’s Degree (such as Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or similar technical/science focused discipline), or related experience can be evaluated in lieu of a degree
- Related experience/disciplines can include Operational experience and/or experience GIS (Geographical Information Systems)
- This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen
- Experience working with on-orbit spacecraft, satellite flight, or ground system operations
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: TOPL, MATLAB, JAVA, C++, PERL, ORACLE/SQL, HTML, XML, LINUX, Python, JAVA Script
- Juniper or Cisco networking systems
- Current Security+ certification
- Experience with GIS software or geospatial production techniques
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.