2nd Shift LPN/ RN
Our 74 bed, family-owned skilled nursing facility is seeking dedicated nurses to join our team and help care for the residents of Oak Ridge Care Center.
Valued candidates will have excellent critical thinking skills, be able to work independently, and be a responsible team player.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties, Responsibilities and Limitations
- Make daily rounds, visiting all assigned residents, assist in the evaluation of the resident including progress and needs.
- Report to the md if there is a change in a resident’s condition.
- Manually administers medications, orally, rectally, and by hypodermic injection, and complete records of the administration of medication.
- Assist with the handling of emergencies.
- Administers prescribed treatments.
- Records pertinent information regarding the resident’s care in the health care record.
- Cooperates with other departments to coordinate the care of the residents.
- Checks individual supply of medication, reorders from the pharmacy as needed.
- Assists with management of supplies.
- Assist the nursing assistant in recognition and providing individualized care to the residents.
- Contacts the director of nursing if there is an incident involving residents, personnel, visitors.
- Participates in report meeting from previous shift.
- Attends general in-service and/or nursing department in-service meetings.
- Seek the consultation and judgment of the change nurse in situations which are beyond the range of these criteria.
- Participates according to the emergency procedures in case of fire emergency or drill or disaster situations.
- Responsible for maintaining standards of care as established by the Wisconsin Division of Health and other regulatory bodies on assigned shift.
- Responsible to communicate with physician when appropriate and accept and execute orders as given by physician in accordance with the procedure manual.
- Other similar and related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
QUALIFICATIONS – Educational and Personal Requirements
- Graduation from a State-approved school of nursing. Is licensed in the State of Wisconsin as a practical nurse or registered nurse.
- Neat and well-groomed in appearance.
- Punctual, accurate, conscientious, and capable of maintaining strict confidentiality in carrying out duties.
- Pleasant personality, positive outlook, and good moral character.
- Display politeness and respect toward co-workers, residents, and resident family members.
- Willing to work on a rotating weekend and holiday schedule.
- Physical and mental ability to perform the duties of LPN/ RN.
QUALIFICATIONS – Skill Requirements
- Knowledge of all skills within the limits of candidate’s respective nursing license.
- Familiarity with administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
- Some knowledge of practical human relations – politeness and respect toward superiors, co-workers and residents.
- Ability to follow precisely written and oral directions.
- Ability to conscientiously maintain records of medications and treatments given to residents.
- Ability to establish and sustain a helpful, understanding attitude toward residents, family, friends and staff.
- Have the ability to recognize significant changes in resident condition and take necessary action.
- Commitment to giving service to elderly people.
- Ability to keep in confidence confidential resident information.
Competitive wages and health benefits are available. Oak Ridge Care Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online on Indeed, at www.oakridgecarecenter.com, or in person today! Please call our Director of Nursing, Kate, for more information at 262-878-2788. We look forward to meeting you!
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time available
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour