“We’re not a manufacturing company with widgets being built in the back. Our product is our people. We’re a service organization. Our culture is driven by our employees; they are the essence of our brand.”
- Steph Sherrodd, President and Chief Executive Officer of TDECU
Commercial Lines Insurance Agent/Producer
This position is based in the Texas area. Texas is leading the nation in phenomenal job growth and experiencing significant economic development, making Houston and surrounding communities a top choice to have a career and raise a family.
Commercial Lines Team Lead
WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A TDECU Insurance Agent/ Producer
Your Education and Experience
Specialized training, two year degree, technical or vocational certification or an equivalent mix of education and experience is required. Valid Texas Insurance license.
Requires Commercial lines experience and insurance service representative licenses. This position requires up to two years of industry experience in sales and delivery.
THIS IS THE CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Here is what you can expect with a TDECU Insurance career as a Commercial Lines Producer:
Competitive pay structure. Base pay + new business commissions; Base pay will be increased as book of business is validated.
An award winning comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life/AD&D, long-term disability, and retirement savings plan.
We believe success begins by developing and enhancing your strengths. By providing uncapped tuition reimbursement, you have the ability to identify, direct and achieve your career goals.
THIS IS WHO WE WANT
Here’s the short form:
We want someone great at what they do – smart, skilled, experienced and passionate.
You’ll need to have a passion for identifying commercial insurance solutions with the ability to focus in and manage a fast paced environment.
You will be responsible for the external presentation of our brand, so you’ll need to communicate our company’s intention and personality. Because you’ll be part of a team of our people, you’ll need to be the kind of person who is skilled at supporting and mentoring of others. Most of all we want someone whose values are aligned to our culture and who is passionate about service and improving lives.
1. Meet the established production requirements by establishing a “Trusted advisor” reputation with member and decision makers by asking qualifying profile questions to determine appropriate Insurance solutions. Provides creative solutions and is viewed as a valued resource. Proactively identifies and establishes key relationships. Creates a “wow factor” experience for members.
2. Manages the relationship and provides timely follow up via phone, email or site visit to member concerns or issues. Successfully transitions maintenance of the relationship to appropriate Customer Service Representative and/or Account Coordinator.
3. Creates and maintains member / client files and records to comply with the requirements of Texas Department of Insurance, TDECU Insurance Agency, LLC and appointed carriers or partners. Completes the application forms for commercial insurance products and submits the applications to an appropriate insurance carrier.
4. Maintains adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverage, and the industry to effectively manage, maintain and develop Member relationships.
5. Demonstrates timely telephone follow up with members regarding insurance inquires, product inquires and REAL Legendary service standards.
7. Advocates for and seeks out process changes or improvements that enhance convenience and REAL service in relation to insurance trends in the marketplace. Actively participates in organizational or functional project or process improvement teams.
8. Tracks, monitors, and reports on weekly/monthly prospecting activity and sales results to direct supervisor and/or President, TDECU Insurance.
9. Actively engage with local Chambers and Economic Development organizations, monitoring news, area publications and key websites.
10. Provides REAL legendary service to team and internal customers through genuine care and compassion. Initiates action to help the team achieve production goals and member satisfaction.
11. Completes all mandatory compliance testing within designated time frame and other compliance assignments including Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Unusual Activity Reports (UAR), and Security processes. Implements processes as required by the Bank Secrecy Act and TDECU policies and procedures including but not limited to completing and submitting Currency Transaction Reports, being knowledgeable of signs of unusual financial activities, and reporting signs of unusual activity and/or completing reporting for Suspicious Activity Report as appropriate per procedure.
TDECU Insurance, LLC. exists to improve lives:
improve our members’ lives, improve our employees’ lives and improve lives in the communities we serve.
As a credit union, we are a non-profit cooperative so our services are designed solely for the benefits of our members.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this position and/or may be encountered while performing essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the essential duties of this position, an employee would frequently be required to stand, walk, and sit. An employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds to perform essential position functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position may require travel up to 30% of the time based on business needs. Will require participation in evening and weekend events for networking and lead generation.
Regular attendance is an essential function of this position. This means that the employee is required to report to work on time and must remain available to clients during scheduled hours.
This position requires face-to-face interaction in person or by telephone and e-mail with members, clients, and vendors.
Texas Dow Employees Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, protected veteran status, sex, religion, disability, genetic information, national origin or other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Consistent with the American Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.